inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ICP

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 6:34 am

ICP actually started in the late 80s but they really took off in the 90s. they put out their first album, Carnival of Carnage in 1992 and released several more during the 90s...

is anyone else here a fan or did you listen them 'back in the day'?

Subject: Re: ICP

Written By: esoxslayer on 06/29/07 at 6:05 pm

Does the number 1/14/88 have any significant meaning for you??

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/07 at 6:27 pm

According to Blender Magazine in 2003, Insane Clown Posse are ...

"The Worst Artist(s) in Music History"

I would agree.  There is music, and then there is noise.  This is noise

Written By: esoxslayer on 06/29/07 at 6:28 pm

If they're THAT bad, I'm glad I never heard any of their noise....

Written By: La Roche on 06/29/07 at 10:40 pm

The one good thing about ICP - Championsh.it wrestling.  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 06/29/07 at 10:44 pm

Hahahahaha.... no. No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerogerigegege

THIS is noise.

Written By: Apricot on 06/29/07 at 10:45 pm

Anyway.. in regards to ICP.

They're.. not bad. The whole rapping killer clown theme is kinda stupid, and I rather dislike some of the flows.. but they have put out a few good songs.. I'll be damned if "Piggy Pie" doesn't CONSTANTLY get stuck in my head.

I kinda have trouble with them sometimes, because they started this really annoying clown theme in horrorcore.. it lost sight of its roots with good rappers such as Esham.

Written By: Haynsoul on 06/30/07 at 4:28 pm

The only thing that's worse than ICP are the "juggalos/jugalettes" aka the ICP worshippers...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/02/07 at 5:21 pm

Even worse, it is noise made by people dressed as clowns.  My own private version of Hell on Earth.

Written By: Apricot on 07/02/07 at 10:12 pm

The only thing that's worse than ICP are the "juggalos/jugalettes" aka the ICP worshippers...

I have a friend who lived in Florida for a while, and said there used to be gangs of kids who would walk around with their faces painted, like gangs of clowns.. it was so hard to take seriously, he told me.. they tried to be intimidating, too. XD

Written By: La Roche on 07/03/07 at 12:15 am

Even worse, it is noise made by people dressed as clowns.  My own private version of Hell on Earth.

Like I said to you early, it's way scarier when the guys saying it are dressed in blue jeans and polo shirts, wearing sunglasses and saying please and thank you.

Written By: noah1 on 07/08/07 at 8:31 pm

IMO, ICP sucks! Big time!

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/29/11 at 12:25 am

ICP actually started in the late 80s but they really took off in the 90s. they put out their first album, Carnival of Carnage in 1992 and released several more during the 90s...

is anyone else here a fan or did you listen them 'back in the day'?

Damn.  Almost four years later.

_-agl0pOQfs

So I'm more than a year late to this thread, but the fascinating part about digging around the oldest parts of this board is how many things that got discarded as one-hit-wonders (or in the case of ICP, one/two-album wonders) kept at it, and even years later, kept going viral.

I can't say I'm a fan, but I'm impressed nonetheless.  

Heh.  I got a theory.  With a year's hindsight, both the religious-woo-woo-crowd and the fundamentalist-materialist crowds were taking themselves - and each other - too seriously.  The universe is deifnitely cooler than we imagine, and it might even be cooler than we can imagine, but (as a fundamentalist materialist) that's no excuse to stop imagining.  (PROTIP: There's a reason they're riding on a space telescope and not, for example, reading tarot cards.  Science everywhere in this bitch.)

Check for new replies or respond here...