inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fergie (of the Black Eyed Peas) - The Wild Orchid Years

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/07 at 12:32 am

Stacy Ferguson (far right), now known as Fergie was in a 90s female pop trio called Wild Orchid.  I remember them.  Do you?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8704/wildorchiddz8.png

1996 - At Night I Pray
1997 - Talk to Me
1997 - Supernatural
1998 - Be Mine
2001 - Stuttering (Don't Say)

Subject: Re: Fergie (of the Black Eyed Peas) - The Wild Orchid Years

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/29/07 at 9:00 am

Yes, I totally remember them...I have like 2 of their CDS. I thought that Stacy Ferguson was SO pretty during that period in her life...it must have been BEFORE she became a crack addict. She just looks so hard and rough now...it's a shame.  That girl in the middle of the picture (Renee) was also a former member (along with Stacy) of Kids Incorporated...I used to LOVE that show!

Written By: GeorgeSmith on 06/29/07 at 12:14 pm

Stacy Ferguson (far right), now known as Fergie was in a 90s female pop trio called Wild Orchid.  I remember them.  Do you?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8704/wildorchiddz8.png

1996 - At Night I Pray
1997 - Talk to Me
1997 - Supernatural
1998 - Be Mine
2001 - Stuttering (Don't Say)

Actually, from Billboard.com's official website, it says that "At Night I Pray" peaked at 63 and "Talk To Me" peaked at 48 in the US

I personally have never heard of them though

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/07 at 2:10 pm

Yes, I totally remember them...I have like 2 of their CDS. I thought that Stacy Ferguson was SO pretty during that period in her life...it must have been BEFORE she became a crack addict. She just looks so hard and rough now...it's a shame.  That girl in the middle of the picture (Renee) was also a former member (along with Stacy) of Kids Incorporated...I used to LOVE that show!

She was so pretty back then yes.  Today, she still has a nice figure, but her face looks like an old catchers mitt :-\\

Actually, from Billboard.com's official website, it says that "At Night I Pray" peaked at 63 and "Talk To Me" peaked at 48 in the US

I personally have never heard of them though

I took the chart info from wikipedia.  I'm wasn't sure how accurate the US portion was

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 08/02/07 at 11:54 pm

I remember them slightly....she used to go out with jc chases...cocaine's one hell of a drug

Written By: Brian06 on 08/03/07 at 9:15 am

For some reason I remember that "At Night I Pray" song, I don't really know why lol.

Written By: McDonald on 08/05/07 at 10:38 pm

I do remember them, but not for their songs. I remember they hosted a show I liked on the Family Channel called The Great Pretenders where kids would come on and get all dressed up and lip-sync to pop songs for prizes.

http://wildorchid.8m.com/minigpnew.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/06/07 at 10:40 am

I do remember them, but not for their songs. I remember they hosted a show I liked on the Family Channel called The Great Pretenders where kids would come on and get all dressed up and lip-sync to pop songs for prizes.

http://wildorchid.8m.com/minigpnew.jpg

that was a really cool show! 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/25/07 at 11:16 am

I really like Fergie...her music is catchy and I have been listening to it a lot lately.

Written By: blondie84 on 11/03/07 at 1:15 am

She was also on Kids Incorperated. Does anyone remember that show?

Written By: McDonald on 11/06/07 at 5:45 pm

She was also on Kids Incorperated. Does anyone remember that show?

I remember the title and I remember watching a show called that, but oddly I remember nothing in particular about the show.

Check for new replies or respond here...