inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Seeking name of Saturday-morning kids' show about mutant/bionic stunt drivers

Written By: galensaysyes on 07/10/07 at 1:17 am

In the late 90s (or possibly the early 00s) I used to watch a computer-animated series--the first one I can remember seeing on tv--about a team of stunt drivers who'd been mutated or made bionic in the lab of a mad scientist who was a lot like Dr. Doom. At one time some or all of them had worked for him but then seen the light and now battled him and thwarted his evil plans. I have an idea the show may have been Australian, or maybe just the dubbing, because characters with Australian accents kept turning up in it. As far as I remember, it only lasted one season. Does anyone happen remember it and what its name was? (In LA it showed at 8:30 a.m. on I think channel 9.)

Subject: Re: Seeking name of Saturday-morning kids' show about mutant/bionic stunt drivers

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/10/07 at 5:56 am

It could be Street Sharks.

Subject: Re: Seeking name of Saturday-morning kids' show about mutant/bionic stunt drivers

Written By: audkal on 07/10/07 at 9:59 pm

Is it ReBoot ?

http://sfon.tv/Television/R/ReBoot/Images/ReBoot_Characters.jpg

Subject: Re: Seeking name of Saturday-morning kids' show about mutant/bionic stunt driver

Written By: galensaysyes on 07/13/07 at 9:10 am

Thanks to both respondents! It definitely wasn't "Street Sharks," it was computer-animated and the characters were human(oid), not sharks, though the premise, as I remember it, was similar. But if it was "Reboot," as it may have been, I'm not remembering the premise right. I hunted up some "Reboot" episodes from season 3, and they're similar in some ways (e.g. there's a Dr. Doom kind of villain the heroes are up against), but they're different too (e.g. they interject all kinds of tv and movie parodies, and I remember this show as being more serious and "X Men"-like). What I remember--though this may have been only in one episode, or one run of episodes--is the characters doing exhibition driving for a crowd of spectators on a big loop-the-loop track in a "Mad Max" desert setting, and the Dr. Doom character being out to get them, and him trying to lure back one of them, a sort of Wolverine character whom he'd created or mutated, and who had left his service to join the good guys; and it was touch-and-go which way he'd decide. One of the characters had an Australian accent, and may have been black; there was also another Australian character at some point. As I remember, the show only aired for one season; and it ended in the middle of a story.

Check for new replies or respond here...