inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Snow

Written By: whistledog on 07/12/07 at 3:17 pm

Snow is a Canadian reggae artist who is best known as a one hit wonder for his 1993 hit 'Informer'.  What you may not know is that like many Canadian artists, he had a whole handful of hits that the world outside of Canada did not get to hear

If you only know Snow for 'Informer', then you aren't getting the whole story.  His stuff in the 2000s is SO MUCH BETTER than anything he did in the 90s

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1993 - Informer
1993 - Girl, I've Been Hurt
1993 - Uhh in You
1995 - Anything For You
1995 - Sexy Girl
2000 - Everybody Wants to Be Like You
2001 - The Plumb Song
2001 - Joke Thing
2003 - Legal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years ago, I saw him perform live at a Waterfront Festival, and the crowd went CRAZY when he sang 'Informer' and 'The Plumb Song'

Subject: Re: Snow

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/12/07 at 3:24 pm

Curious to see that after reaching #2 with Informer his debut record in the UK, his follow-up did not reach the heights in the charts, and then it was back to Canada, never to be seen on these shores any more.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/12/07 at 6:54 pm

I remember going to a friend's house to her birthday party, and that was the biggest song at the time. I think we must've listened to it over and over again...

It was a fun song at the time, but I probably have not heard it in full in about those 14 years that have passed.

I am glad he is still around and popular in Canada; I'll have to check out some of his newer stuff.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/12/07 at 11:30 pm

"Informer" was a pretty popular song at that time....my best friend in 9th grade was completely obsessed with Snow.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/07 at 9:13 am

ya, I totally remember that song. I remember everytime I heard it, there was one part where it sounded like he was saying something about, 'like your bum bum now" ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...