inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Goku vs Samantha Stevens--anyone have an opinion?

Written By: badmitten on 08/15/07 at 1:51 am

I am almost 48.  I am a huge fan of Bewitched.  I overheard my sons aged 20 and 24 arguing about who would win a fight between Superman and Goku (from Dragonball Z.)  So, just to be the devil's advocate I jumped in and said,  "Samantha Stevens could smoke Goku."  That set off a firestorm with my 24 year old.  He claims that magic doesn't affect Goku.  I claim that Samantha's power is not mere magic (ala David Copperfield,) but witchcraft, and that she could take him.  I said, "If she had any trouble, she could always call Maurice and Endora for help."  Now, I realize this is silly and they're all fictional characters, and it doesn't really matter anyway.  But I wondered if there was even anyone who knew about Dragonball Z who would also be familiar enough with Bewitched to make any kind of valid argument.  (Plus, the idea of posting this stupid argument on the internet really annoyed my son; that was a side benefit!)  I made a similar post on the pre-70's pages where there is more likely to be someone who knows all about Bewitched.  I'm guessing the people on "Before the '70s" will root for Samantha Stevens, and the people on "In the '90s" will root for Goku.  Any opinions??

Subject: Re: Goku vs Samantha Stevens--anyone have an opinion?

Written By: Watcher29 on 08/16/07 at 8:04 am

Samantha *would* smoke Goku's Sayian butt. If nothing else, with her powers of illusion and trickery she'd have him so confused that he wouldn't know which way is up.

Check for new replies or respond here...