inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I know you'll have the answer to this one...

Written By: 80s_teen on 08/25/07 at 12:02 am

My sister-in-law and I are racking our brains trying to remember the song that goes with a certain music video we remember from 1993. 

The song had a lot of rhyming words ending each sentence in "ate" or "ait", etc.  The person in the video was holding white signs with each of these words and as they were sung he would drop them one by one.

Some examples of the rhyming phrases were "deviate" "don't hesitate" "just can't wait."  We've googled and everything and can't find it out!!

The video is filmed by some train tracks outside of a warehouse...I remember it was relatively colorless (ie black/gray/white).

I KNOW someone here will know this! 

I look forward to finding out!!!

Subject: Re: I know you'll have the answer to this one...

Written By: whistledog on 08/25/07 at 12:29 am

I believe that would be 'Mediate' by INXS.  The video was paired with 'Need You Tonight'.  It's from 1987 :)

Written By: Tam on 08/25/07 at 12:31 am

here ya go - wait for the video to load then click about half way through the feed line - the video you are looking for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7FY7rwVtQ

Written By: whistledog on 08/25/07 at 12:37 am

that INXS clip was based off an early Bob Dylan video called 'Subterranean Homesick Blues' which was actually in Black and White.  I just remembered that I seem to recall this being re-popularized, whether it was the 80s or 90s, I can;t remember, but here's Dylan's video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-xIulyVsG8

Written By: 80s_teen on 08/25/07 at 9:21 am

Thank you thank you thank you.

I know of the "Need you tonight" song...I just thought I saw the "Meditate" one in the early nineties.  Hmmm.

THANKS AGAIN!

Check for new replies or respond here...