inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HOME ALONE FUN!

Written By: GameDude2008 on 08/27/07 at 10:02 pm

Am I the only kid who after watching "Home Alone" would attempt to set up booby traps only to hurt someone in the house (family member). I remember I put some roller skates on the top of the stepts and some tacts at the bottom of the steps. My sister was pinned with the tacts. Oops!

Subject: Re: HOME ALONE FUN!

Written By: whistledog on 08/28/07 at 12:38 am

I never did that.  It's not my intention to intentionally hurt someone :-\\

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/28/07 at 12:40 am

I never would've acted on it, but it did vaguely cross my mind a couple times, lol.

See, once I was 10 or 11 (around 1992), I was old enough for my parents to feel cool about leaving me home by myself after school until they got back from work. At first I was a little nervous about it, and casually thought to myself that if anyone tried burglarizing the house, would any of those tricks actually work. Although once I got settled into a video game, or MTV/VH1 along with some snack food, I pretty much forgot about it and warmed up to the idea of having the house to myself for a couple hours. ;)

Even back then, I was smart enough to know it was just a movie, though. Harry and Marv would've been in far worse shape than that if it were real.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/28/07 at 3:31 pm

I didn't act on it, either.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/07 at 4:12 pm

I was a kid long before that film was released.

Written By: nally on 10/08/07 at 2:39 pm

Am I the only kid who after watching "Home Alone" would attempt to set up booby traps only to hurt someone in the house (family member). I remember I put some roller skates on the top of the stepts and some tacts at the bottom of the steps. My sister was pinned with the tacts. Oops!

I often thought of doing something like that for a bad guy (like Macauly Culkin's character did), but never for a family member.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/07 at 2:41 pm

A slight case of a health and saftey issue here.

Written By: nally on 10/08/07 at 2:42 pm

...that's true, which is why I never actually considered any such pranks. :-X

Check for new replies or respond here...