inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Cartoons of the 90's

Written By: Wiz83 on 08/28/07 at 3:34 pm

The Simpsons
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Beavis and Butthead
Rocko's Modern Life
Duckman
The Critic
Animaniacs
Pinky & the Brain
Bobby's World

Subject: Re: Best Cartoons of the 90's

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/29/07 at 12:22 pm

Honestly, I like way too many '90s cartoons to name them all here. In fact, I can only think of 3 or 4 from the '90s that I don't like, and they all came out in 1999.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/29/07 at 2:30 pm

'90s cartoons (the whole decade really, but especially 1989-1996 inclusive) was really the perfect bridge between the old-school traditionals and new-school Nickelodeon stuff (which I probably wouldn't be into even if I were a kid in this time). Almost all of them were entertaining in a semi innocent way.

Written By: woops on 08/29/07 at 2:56 pm

"Ren & Stimpy" (first three seasons)
"Simpsons" (until 1998)
"South Park"
"Beavis & Butt-Head"
"Rocko's Modern Life"
"Duckman"
"Tiny Toon Adventures"
"Animaniacs"
"Celebrity Deathmatch"
"Liquid Television"

Written By: whistledog on 08/29/07 at 3:10 pm

just a few for now ...

♦ Batman: The Animated Series
♦ X-Men
♦ Bobby's World
♦ Tiny Toon Adventures
♦ Eek! the Cat
♦ Taz-Mania
♦ The Simpsons

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/29/07 at 4:19 pm

'90s cartoons (the whole decade really, but especially 1989-1996 inclusive) was really the perfect bridge between the old-school traditionals and new-school Nickelodeon stuff (which I probably wouldn't be into even if I were a kid in this time). Almost all of them were entertaining in a semi innocent way.

You know, I've noticed alot of peak '80s kids(born in the mid/late '70s) putting down '90s cartoons on Youtube lately. I can't quite figure out why. To me, there's not really a huge difference between cartoons from the '80s and '90s, and theres basically no difference between the late '80s and early '90s cartoons since they came out so close together. One guy even said that he did like Ducktales(which came out in 1987), but not Darkwing Duck(which came out in 1991). There's no difference between the quality of the shows IMO, it's like they don't like it just because it came out in the '90s.

Sorry for the rant, stuff like that just really bothers me ;)

On a side note, doesn't it appear that cartoons in the '90s appealed more to older teens and adults than today's cartoons do? Like, I know that Marty, woops, and whistledog are all older than me(Marty is about 6 years older than me, and whistledog is about 10 years older than me) yet they like some of the same shows that I did growing up. This wouldn't be the case with me, and someone born in say 1997.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/01/07 at 3:29 pm

The Simpsons and Sailor Moon (the horrendous English dub) are the only two cartoons I watched regularly throughout the 90's....

Written By: ..... on 09/06/07 at 2:58 pm

i agree
with 2 of those

roko's and
simpons

but i think

johnny bravo
and
couage the cowardly dog

should be there

haha
still love them

Written By: seaghosts on 09/06/07 at 11:15 pm

rocko's modern life.
ren & stimpy.
doug 'and the' rugrats. (they must be grouped together, for me atleast.)
beavis and butthead.

aaaaaaah! real monsters.

D A R I A

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/06/07 at 11:19 pm

i agree
with 2 of those

roko's and
simpons

but i think

johnny bravo
and
couage the cowardly dog

should be there

haha
still love them

i remember all those weird Cartoon Netwerk cartoons like Johnny Bravo, Courage, 2 Stupid Dogs, Dexter....and The Power Puff Girls. they seemed kind of weird to me, anyway. i used to love watching all those shows, along with Spaceghost Coast to Coast , Scooby Doo, and Gumby on that channel....and of course Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo. i used to love that channel......

Written By: wildcard on 09/06/07 at 11:40 pm

Johnny Bravo, Courage, 2 Stupid Dogs, Dexter's Laboratory, Space Ghost Coast to Coast- Cartoon Planet, and Cow and Chicken

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/07/07 at 2:15 pm

Johnny Bravo, Courage, 2 Stupid Dogs, Dexter's Laboratory, Space Ghost Coast to Coast- Cartoon Planet, and Cow and Chicken

Part of Cartoon Network's line-up during the '90s. Great selection of shows 8)

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/07/07 at 4:04 pm

cartoon network was kind of edgy....i think.

Written By: nokturnemalus on 09/12/07 at 8:46 am

Stunt Dawgs ( noone remembers this)
Daria
Head
The Maxx
Beavis and Butthead
Xmen
Bonkers
Marsupial
Goof Troop
THE BROTHERS GRUNT

so many great shows of the 90s MTV used to have great music and even better cartoons
they used to have that block of tv I think it might have been Liquid Television is what they called it not sure

Check for new replies or respond here...