inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bonnie Raitt?

Written By: SpaceHog on 09/16/07 at 2:56 pm

I was in a walmart yesterday, and I heard a song that sounded like Bonnie Raitt.

The lyrics went something like this:

"And you discuss the rhythm of your day."

At least I think that's what they were. Couldn't hear above the noise in the store.

Subject: Re: Bonnie Raitt?

Written By: nally on 09/21/07 at 2:12 pm

I can't help you on that song, but I can tell you she had a lot of great songs back then.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/21/07 at 2:21 pm

^She did have a semi comeback in 1989-1991 it seems. In fact, that was the only way I knew of her in the first place. "Something to Talk About" (although good) has kinda become one of those songs that lost its appeal because the radio beats it to death. I like "I Can't Make You Love Me" and "Not the Only One"...which sounds a little '80ish. VH1 used to play the videos all the time.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/21/07 at 2:22 pm

^She did have a semi comeback in 1989-1991 it seems. In fact, that was the only way I knew of her in the first place. "Something to Talk About" (although good) has kinda become one of those songs that lost its appeal because the radio beats it to death. I like "I Can't Make You Love Me" and "Not the Only One"...which sounds a little '80ish. VH1 used to play the videos all the time.

"I Can't Make You Love Me" is a very good one.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/21/07 at 2:25 pm

^ Isn't it pretty in kind of a dark/sad way, if that makes any sense? Like she loves this guy, but isn't sure if he feels the same. Although she accepts it, probably laments it at the same time. Musically speaking, it's a great early Nineties pop ballad. There was just something unique about love songs around 1991, I can't quite explain what I'm saying, but this is a good example.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/21/07 at 2:27 pm

yes...it's a song that I can relate to. And yes..it's a pretty one, but a sad one too.

Written By: whistledog on 09/22/07 at 12:13 am

Bonnie Raitt's big hit "Something to Talk About" was written by Canadian singer/songwriter Shirley Eikhard.  Often at times, radio stations in Canada will mention this before or after they play the song.  These same stations do the same thing with Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (which was written by Eddie Schwartz)

We loves our Canadian songwriters 8)

Written By: nally on 04/15/08 at 2:37 pm

Yeah, those were good. In 1994 she released "Love Sneaking Up On You" and a cover of Roy Orbison's "You Got It" (the latter of which was popular in the world of Adult Top 40 in early 1995).

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/16/08 at 12:14 am

^Oh yeah, it's amazing how fast that song was covered, since the original came out in 1988 or '89. I even remembered how she changed the lyric from "Everything about you tells me I'm your man" to "you're my man", lol.

Written By: nally on 04/16/08 at 10:15 am

^Oh yeah, it's amazing how fast that song was covered, since the original came out in 1988 or '89. I even remembered how she changed the lyric from "Everything about you tells me I'm your man" to "you're my man", lol.

Yeah, she had to, since it was from the viewpoint of the other gender, lol. Yes, it was originally from 1988/89; it was the last single that Roy Orbison released before he died.

Written By: Zeb on 04/18/08 at 1:24 pm

I like " Have a Heart." 

Written By: SpaceHog on 04/29/08 at 4:39 pm

I wasn't talking about her comeback. I am talking about a song that might be from her. It's in my head and I just want to find out what its called.

Written By: SpaceHog on 04/30/08 at 2:12 pm

Found the song:

its called all at once. it came out in 1993.

Check for new replies or respond here...