inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Disney Channel and Toon Disney

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/03/07 at 3:35 pm

I used to watch some of the shows on the Disney Channel between 1992 and 1995. I especially liked how they had all the old Disney Movies and Walt Disney's show. (I hope they bring back Vault Disney.) And Toon Disney was good until 2003 because they still had Ducktales and Quack Pack.

I hope Buena Vista brings back the old stuff from Disney again.

Subject: Re: Disney Channel and Toon Disney

Written By: sonikuu on 10/03/07 at 4:44 pm

Toon Disney is great because they've got all kinds of old stuff.  They just started re-airing Pinky and the Brain, as well as the 90s Superman and Batman cartoons.  Also, they've got Gargoyles (although at 3 or so in the morning so I have to record it), The Tick, and they air Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers and Goof Troop around 11-12 PM on weekdays.  They've also got the Digimon anime, although that came out at the tail end of the 90s so it doesn't fall in the retro timeframe at all.

As for the current state of the Disney Channel...lets not discuss that abomination.

Written By: woops on 10/03/07 at 5:18 pm

I liked watching vintage Disney theatrical cartoons on "Mouse Tracks", "Moustepice Theatre", and "Ink & Paint Club" on Disney Channel.

It's now garbage, though some of the early episodes of "Suite Life" are good, before some actress became a pop act and star on some horrid tv movie series, and I enjoy "Shaun the Sheep, from the creators of "Wallace & Gromit". It's mostly aimed towards kids to young teens.

Don't have Toon Disney, can't really say...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/03/07 at 6:40 pm

I am sure most of you have heard me advocate enough for the Disney channel in years past, but yes, their programming now (since it's gone public rather than a paid channel) has gone way down hill. I know they're trying to appeal to kids in the tween groups, but today's cartoons are really lame. Why not keep what made them who they are? Or at least keep those same standards? You'd think something would only get better over the years, not worse, especially with the fine standards that Walt Disney and Roy Disney kept while they were at the helm. Even the Eisner era could prove better than what we have now.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/03/07 at 7:12 pm

I used to LOVE Vault Disney and Ink & Paint Club.

I remember watching Zorro and Anette Funicello, and the Mickey Mouse Club, and that one show about the kids on the ranch in from the 50's/60's.....

I was so mad when they took it off. Now they just play Lizzy Maguire, Suite Life, etc. episodes all night  >:(....

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/04/07 at 9:12 am

I watch Toon Disney from time to time, whenever they show some older shows from the '80s/'90s.

The Disney Channel on the other hand, has been beyond horrible for at least 6 years.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 11:53 am

Recess
Weekenders
Pepper Ann

They should play these shows more frequently.... scary that I'm going to be 40 in Dec. I have no kids and watch this shi...stuff

Written By: Brian06 on 10/19/07 at 10:11 pm

I used to watch Disney Channel in the '90s, I remember some of the stuff they had on there... "Tale Spin", "Darkwing Duck", "Chip N Dale" come to mind.

Written By: nally on 10/24/07 at 11:58 pm

Toon Disney is great because they've got all kinds of old stuff.  They just started re-airing Pinky and the Brain

WHAT?

Toon Disney is airing Pinky & The Brain now? :o :o Even though I like watching that show, it's not a Disney program and shouldn't really be on Toon Disney, per se. Nicktoons TV aired that show (and Animaniacs) a few years or so ago, but not anymore. :-\\

Also, they've got Gargoyles (although at 3 or so in the morning so I have to record it), The Tick, and they air Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers and Goof Troop around 11-12 PM on weekdays.

Now those are the shows I've enjoyed over the years.

They've also got the Digimon anime, although that came out at the tail end of the 90s so it doesn't fall in the retro timeframe at all.

I'm well aware of Digimon being shown on there now, as well as a few other anime-type shows. ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...