inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Black Crowes

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/19/07 at 9:41 pm

They were America's greatest '90s rock band that no one knew about. They had a few hits like Remedy, She Talks To Angels and Hard To Handle, otherwise apart from these they were barely known.  :-\\

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Black+Crowes

Subject: Re: The Black Crowes

Written By: Dagwood on 10/19/07 at 10:11 pm

Hard to Handle and She Talks to Angels

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/07 at 10:21 pm

I know alot of these songs to hear them, but ATM the only one I know by title is 'Hard to Handle' which I used to really enjoy when it was popular.  Haven't heard it in a while though

Lead singer Chris Robinson USED to be married to Kate Hudson

Written By: Brigitte on 10/20/07 at 9:00 am

Remedy is one of my favorites, what a great band!

Written By: nally on 01/25/08 at 4:19 pm

Those are my picks too...as they're the only ones I know best. O0

Written By: Midas on 01/25/08 at 4:41 pm

Same here.  I made a mixable version of HTH for me show.  8)

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/28/08 at 7:38 pm

Hard to Handle, She Talks to Angels, and Remedy.

Written By: Gis on 01/29/08 at 10:47 am

Saw them live twice, Chris Robinson was a complete Tw*t and actually walked off stage and refused to come back on at the second gig. Kind of puts you off a band really...................

Written By: teababe27 on 02/21/08 at 9:39 pm

I picked Hard To Handle and Jealous Again.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/21/08 at 10:18 pm

They were America's greatest '90s rock band that no one knew about. They had a few hits like Remedy, She Talks To Angels and Hard To Handle, otherwise apart from these they were barely known.  :-\\

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Black+Crowes
I'm not sure they were the greatest, but I will say they kicked ass. they sound a bit like Rod Stewart and Faces to me, not as good as them, but they have a good rock and roll sound. I only listened to and own the album (Shake Your Money Maker) and only listened to the hits, "Twice As Hard, Jealous Again, & Hard To Handle".  on the way home from work the other day, I listened to the CD in it's entirety and was amazed at how good all the other songs were and realized that I could listen to that whole CD, something I rarely do with bands that aren't Classic Rock favorites. I let down my walls and discovered some great music and I don't do that very often.  plus the lead singer was married to Kate Hudson, Miss Penny Lane from the movie Almost Famous so that scored big points with me too 8)

Written By: mandamoo on 02/21/08 at 11:05 pm

Hard To Handle

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/24/08 at 9:33 pm

Considering that Hard to Handle is a remake of Otis Redding's original version, I can't vote on it; however, I voted on the following:

She Talks To Angels
Jealous Again
Remedy

Written By: Zeb on 03/11/08 at 7:48 pm

I loved the Black Crows.  I love all three of those songs. They bring back memories of 1991/92 or thereabouts.

Check for new replies or respond here...