inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lisa Loeb

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 1:54 am

Lisa Loeb is another one of my favorite singers from the 90's.  I always loved her look...and she always looked so cute in her glasses.

Here are a few of her videos, for your viewing pleasure:

Stay (I Missed You)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QbK0nlon4A

Do You Sleep?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEmOVg1_u4g

Let's Forget About It (she looks incredibly adorable in this video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-hmhLK8ojA

All Day (awww...the cuteness!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p34KVKW_DWA

Subject: Re: Lisa Loeb

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/10/07 at 8:11 pm

I really like her, too.  :) I love all those songs, plus "I Do". I heard somewhere that she's allergic to contact lenses. I always liked the glasses, though; I think they look really cool on her.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 8:11 pm

I really like her, too.  :) I love all those songs, plus "I Do". I heard somewhere that she's allergic to contact lenses. I think the glasses look really cool on her.

she's so incredibly adorable!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 8:32 pm

I have both songs Stay and Do Ya Sleep on a cassette that a wonderful friend made for me. we used to work together, now she's in San Francisco. That was my first exposure to Lisa Loeb. an awesome mix tape of music I have really enjoyed.

Did anyone see Lisa and Dweezil's cooking show on food network when it was on?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 8:38 pm

I have both songs Stay and Do Ya Sleep on a cassette that a wonderful friend made for me. we used to work together, now she's in San Francisco. That was my first exposure to Lisa Loeb. an awesome mix tape of music I have really enjoyed.

Did anyone see Lisa and Dweezil's cooking show on food network when it was on?

No, I didn't catch that. I don't think they are together anymore, huh?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 8:40 pm

No, I didn't catch that. I don't think they are together anymore, huh?
I don't think they are together because she also had that dating show where they were trying to hook her up. heck, I'd go out with her. I know, I know.  Diane .... yeah yeah ok

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 8:41 pm

I don't think they are together because she also had that dating show where they were trying to hook her up. heck, I'd go out with her. I know, I know.  Diane .... yeah yeah ok

heck..I would too...erm..ya, but I would!!! :D ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 8:42 pm

heck..I would too...erm..ya, but I would!!! :D ;)
she'd be fun to hang out with and I'd like to hear her play guitar and sing her songs in a private concert  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 8:47 pm

she'd be fun to hang out with and I'd like to here her play guiatr and sing her songs in a private concert  ;)

I have always wanted to play the guitar..I would ask her to give me some lessons! :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/10/07 at 8:51 pm

I have always wanted to play the guitar..I would ask her to give me some lessons! :D
good idea.  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/10/07 at 11:05 pm

Lisa Loeb is great.  I love her song "I Do".  She's also made a children's album and can be seen on the Noggin network in these really cute videos.  My 4 year old daughter says she's "beautiful".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 11:08 pm

Lisa Loeb is great.  I love her song "I Do".  She's also made a children's album and can be seen on the Noggin network in these really cute videos.  My 4 year old daughter says she's "beautiful".

awww..that's so cute!!

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/11/07 at 12:17 am

Yeah I love that glasses look she had. You're so much cuter than Lisa is though. ;)

I don't know her music too well except "Stay" - which I love, it's one of the defining songs of 1994. It's like stripped down, feminist pop. I could totally see it fitting in with Reality Bites.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/11/07 at 12:31 am

Yeah I love that glasses look she had. You're so much cuter than Lisa is though. ;)

I don't know her music too well except "Stay" - which I love, it's one of the defining songs of 1994. It's like stripped down, feminist pop. I could totally see it fitting in with Reality Bites.

awww..thank you!!! :) :-*  Yes, her music is very pure. I have a few of her CDs...maybe I will put some of her songs on the ones that I am making for you. :)

Written By: whistledog on 11/11/07 at 1:04 am

I really liked her 'Firecracker' album.  I used to like 'Stay' when it was popular, but over the years i lost interest

TAILS
1994 - Stay (I Missed You)
1995 - Do You Sleep
1995 - Taffy
1996 - Waiting For Wednesday

FIRECRACKER
1997 - I Do
1998 - Let's Forget About It

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/07 at 3:00 am

here's an old post I found from last year from the Show Us What Your Family Looks Like thread

you could do a dirty blond, and go for the total Lisa Loeb thing  ;)

Written By: nally on 11/13/07 at 3:53 pm

"Stay (I Missed You)", "Do You Sleep", and "I Do" are the songs of hers I know the best.

I remember when "Stay (I Missed You)" first came out...it was one of the most played songs on the radio in mid-1994 (right around the time I started high school).

Written By: woops on 11/15/07 at 4:00 am

Only remember "Stay" and was indifferent towards her

Check for new replies or respond here...