inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Yak Bak

Written By: Raidz on 11/14/07 at 7:41 pm

Hey guys, I'm a child of the 90's and I'm looking for a little nostalgia. It has come to my attention that the other guys at my school have no idea what a Yak Bak is. I know, weird right? Anyway, I want to enlighten them with a Yak Backwards, because it is definitely my favorite of the series.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to find one. I have checked all sorts of online stores and forums, but I cannot find anyone selling or willing to sell one.

So I turn to you, if anyone has any idea where I might find one, please don't hesitate to reply. I could really use some help.  :o

Cheers!
~Raidz

Subject: Re: Yak Bak

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/07 at 10:04 pm

I've seen Yak Bak at Toys R Us.  If not Yak Bak, it's something very similar.  I can't quite remember

Written By: nally on 11/14/07 at 10:07 pm

Was it one of those gadgets where you pressed a button, said something, and then pressed another button to play it back? I had one of those in '99 or so.

Written By: Raidz on 11/14/07 at 10:59 pm

Yeah, that's the one. I Can't seem to find anything on the web that comes close.

I figured that if anyone found one in a shop somewhere, if they could let me know. It's quickly becoming a mission of mine to find a Yak Backwards.

Written By: nally on 11/14/07 at 11:02 pm

Yak "backwards"? I never knew about one of those. I just know that I used to have a Yak Back, which I described in my previous post. I threw it away when the battery died; it lasted me a good five years or so.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/07 at 11:20 pm

I think I've seen them on Ebay before.

Written By: micasa_sucasa on 08/29/11 at 6:07 pm

Hey if you're still looking, I'm listing an orignal Yak Bakwards! on ebay right now!

Check for new replies or respond here...