inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: looking for a song

Written By: shadow96_75 on 11/18/07 at 11:38 pm

My friend is looking for a song.  She says she got it from me and I should remember but I have no memory of it and she is not giving me a lot to go on.  She remembers there being a heartbeat at the beginning and at the end but she does not remember any lyrics.  She would have gotten it from me in either late 1992 or early 1993.  She also remembers that it is a very slow song.  And would have been known enough that later in college a friend from Sweden or the Netherlands recognized.  Can anyone be of any help?  Thanks for trying with so little info.

Subject: Re: looking for a song

Written By: whistledog on 11/18/07 at 11:44 pm

The only thing that springs to mind is 'The Heart of Rock and Roll' by Huey Lewis and the News, but that came out in 1983-84, so I don't think that would be the one

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 8:13 am

Neil Diamond - Heartlight
Don Johnson - Heartbeat

those are the only songs I can think of right now....

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/07 at 9:19 am

My friend is looking for a song.  She says she got it from me and I should remember but I have no memory of it and she is not giving me a lot to go on.  She remembers there being a heartbeat at the beginning and at the end but she does not remember any lyrics.  She would have gotten it from me in either late 1992 or early 1993.  She also remembers that it is a very slow song.  And would have been known enough that later in college a friend from Sweden or the Netherlands recognized.  Can anyone be of any help?  Thanks for trying with so little info.
would Henk know?

Written By: JohnDoe on 11/19/07 at 10:13 am

I'm pretty sure this is the song you're talking about...

"Stay" by Shakespears Sister

Reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 in September 1992, and was a #1 Hit for several weeks in the UK

Written By: Henk on 11/19/07 at 12:31 pm

would Henk know?

I've been wrecking my brains over this... :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/07 at 3:44 am

I've been wrecking my brains over this... :-\\
Was there a heartbeat at the start and ending of Stay?

Written By: Henk on 11/20/07 at 12:26 pm

Was there a heartbeat at the start and ending of Stay?

I don't know. It wasn't a very big hit over here. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/07 at 12:32 pm

I don't know. It wasn't a very big hit over here. :-\\
It was a whooping hit over here, I see if can find a copy of it.

Written By: Henk on 11/20/07 at 12:40 pm

It was a whooping hit over here, I see if can find a copy of it.

Well, I've already downloaded a copy, and there's no heartbeat anywhere (as far as I can tell)...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/07 at 12:49 pm

Well, I've already downloaded a copy, and there's no heartbeat anywhere (as far as I can tell)...
If it is the same as the British version, the subject song of this thread must be a different one.

Written By: Henk on 11/20/07 at 12:58 pm

If it is the same as the British version, the subject song of this thread must be a different one.

That's what I suspect as well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/07 at 1:03 pm

Have you tried Google Search?

Written By: saluteyourshorts on 05/16/08 at 3:27 am

maybe London After Midnight    "Your best nightmare". has a gothy feel goin on to it slow song

Check for new replies or respond here...