inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone remember this early 90s toy?

Written By: Justin on 11/19/07 at 1:22 am

So the other day I saw the newly re-introduced 80s toys, Madballs.  They reminded me of a somewhat similar toy that I believe was available in the very early 90s.  I want to say they were called "Barf Balls" but I can't find anything on them.  They were basically this spherically shaped rubber creature with a wide open mouth that you would put some object in, then squeeze it and the object would fly out.  I had one that was what I believe to be a green  frog type of creature that shot out what seemed to be a fly.  Anyone remember these?

Subject: Re: Can anyone remember this early 90s toy?

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/07 at 9:23 pm

These?
http://www.stupid.com/stat/BRFA.html

Written By: audkal on 11/19/07 at 9:36 pm

I had one that was what I believe to be a green  frog type of creature that shot out what seemed to be a fly.  Anyone remember these?

My brothers had some of those--they had the frog one that you had, and then an orange cat that shot out a mouse.  ;D

Written By: Justin on 12/16/07 at 3:19 am

alright guys, I finally found out what they were called. 

Blurp Balls! 

I've done some digging over the past several weeks and finally found out about them.  Apparently, one of the guys who designed the original Madballs also designed the Blurp Balls.  Here is a japanese website that has pictures of all of them in their packages: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/techno/drome/toyblurpballs.htm

I also heard that the blurp balls were only available for a month...Interesting...  It's very hard to find info on these, but there you go!  I hope a wikipedia article on these pops up some day. 

Written By: audkal on 12/16/07 at 8:49 pm

Cool, nicely done!  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...