inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 90s in Mexico

Written By: alucinita on 12/07/07 at 8:43 am

Hola chic@s, I'm new to this forum though I've been reading it for quite some time. I was wondering if anyone else here was nostalgic for 1990s Latin pop like I am. My favorite artists are Paulina Rubio, Lucero, Fey, Onda Vaselina, Kabah, and Sentidos Opuestos, other artists as well that I heard on the radio during that time I have recorded on cassettes. Radio just isn't the same anymore, the songs I remember have faded into oblivion and the stuff that comes out these days is nowhere near as good in my opinion. I still listen to my collection of 90s albums every day, I couldn't live without these memories of good times gone by. Oh and telenovelas... I liked Marimar, Lazos De Amor, Pobre Niña Rica, Corazón Salvaje, I know there were others but it's been so long now I don't remember them all. ¿Hay unos mexicanos aquí con dulces recuerdos para compartir? :)

paz y amor,
~alucinita

Subject: Re: The 90s in Mexico

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/07/07 at 8:15 pm

Welcome, alucinita! Glad to have you here!  :)

I'm not Mexican, but I listened to a lot of Latin pop in the 90's to help me learn Spanish. Some of my favorites include Lucero, Paulina Rubio, Thalia, Selena, Shakira (pre-crossover), Fey, and Ricky Martin (pre-crossover).  :)

Subject: Re: The 90s in Mexico

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/14/07 at 3:44 pm

I bet the 90's in Mexico happened around the same time as the 90's in America!!!! 

Check for new replies or respond here...