inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Simon Birch & Freak The Mighty.

Written By: ninny on 12/15/07 at 2:04 pm

Two of my favorite movies in the 90's were Simon Birch & Freak The Mighty does anybody else like these movies,or remember them?

Subject: Re: Simon Birch & Freak The Mighty.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/07 at 3:30 pm

I loved Freak the mighty, although I didn't see it until many years later.  It was based on a series of young adult books.

Written By: ninny on 12/15/07 at 3:34 pm

I loved Freak the mighty, although I didn't see it until many years later.  It was based on a series of young adult books.

I never knew about the books until after the film,maybe someday I will read them.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/15/07 at 11:38 pm

Awww..I remember Simon Birch...that was such a heartwarming movie!

Written By: whistledog on 12/16/07 at 1:32 am

I have heard of Simon Birch (I never saw it though) but I can't say as I have heard of Freak the Mighty

But I can guess the film version was simply titled 'The Mighty'? and starred Sharon Stone and Gillian Anderson?  If so, then I Saw that and I too loved it!

Written By: ninny on 12/16/07 at 9:40 am

I have heard of Simon Birch (I never saw it though) but I can't say as I have heard of Freak the Mighty

But I can guess the film version was simply titled 'The Mighty'? and starred Sharon Stone and Gillian Anderson?  If so, then I Saw that and I too loved it!

Yes that was the movie it also had James Gandolfini,Meatloaf,Elden Henson&Kieran Culkin to name a few

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/17/07 at 4:16 pm

I saw "Simon Birch" at the theatre. A tear-jerker, by far. My mom and I got interested in it because we saw the title character interviewed on Jay Leno and it looked like a cute movie.

Written By: ninny on 12/19/07 at 6:39 am

I looked up Ian Michael Smith and he is now 20 yrs old.

Check for new replies or respond here...