inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Disney Adventures magazine

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/22/08 at 5:28 pm

Does anyone remember this small magazine? It began in Nov. of 1990. I started buying it just around that time. I really enjoyed every issue until about the late '90s, then they were not as interesting. I guess the magazine is no longer being published since Nov. of 2007. RIP Disney Adventures.

Subject: Re: Disney Adventures magazine

Written By: woops on 01/22/08 at 6:31 pm

Probably a good thing since it's probably now 100% Disney Channel junk

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/08 at 7:57 pm

No reason to rip into it just cause you don't like it.  It's a kids magazine, so you shouldn't even be reading it ;D

Written By: audkal on 01/22/08 at 10:01 pm

I started subscribing in early '96, and then quit in like '02.  I was more of a Disney freak back then anyway, but I also agree it started going downhill in like '99.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/22/08 at 11:10 pm

I remember it! They always get rid of the good things. :-\\

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/23/08 at 12:23 am

I'll admit it never was the same after the first 6 or 7 years, but I am sure it was still fun to read for kids between 10-15 years old. I mean, I was still reading it at 14 and 15 years old, but then it the topics no longer interested me.

And, I don't think it's good to junk a magazine after being in publication for 17 years (wow, I can't believe it's been that long!). Yet, some do make a come back, so maybe it will do so!

Written By: Christina87 on 01/23/08 at 3:02 am

i remember that i miss the good shows it did go downhill fast

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/15/08 at 6:48 pm

Does anyone remember this small magazine? It began in Nov. of 1990. I started buying it just around that time. I really enjoyed every issue until about the late '90s, then they were not as interesting. I guess the magazine is no longer being published since Nov. of 2007. RIP Disney Adventures.

I still have all of my old issues of DA. I got my first one in May 1993, and even though I didn't subscribe, I bought them nearly every other month for years. The last one I have is from the summer of 1999, when I agree that it started to go downhill.

Did they really stop publication of the magazine? I saw an issue in a store a couple of months ago, but not since then either. If it's true, it's actually kinda sad.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/18/08 at 1:09 pm

I still have all of my old issues of DA. I got my first one in May 1993, and even though I didn't subscribe, I bought them nearly every other month for years. The last one I have is from the summer of 1999, when I agree that it started to go downhill.

Did they really stop publication of the magazine? I saw an issue in a store a couple of months ago, but not since then either. If it's true, it's actually kinda sad.

I did the same. I think I only subscribed for one year, as it was kinda expensive. I use to buy them frequently at the store, though. And, here's an even more throwback for some. If you were a Disney Channel subscriber, they use to send a magazine every two months showing all the shows going to be aired and interviews and all that fun stuff. Ohhh, I loved getting that and jotting down the shows I wanted to watch.

And, if you say the last time you remember seeing a DA on the racks was a few months ago, that probably makes sense since they supposedly axed it in November of 2007. It really is sad. :0(

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/19/08 at 8:00 pm

I remember them too. Bought a few issues back in like the mid-90s, back in the golden age of Disney TV.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/20/08 at 9:44 pm

I did the same. I think I only subscribed for one year, as it was kinda expensive. I use to buy them frequently at the store, though. And, here's an even more throwback for some. If you were a Disney Channel subscriber, they use to send a magazine every two months showing all the shows going to be aired and interviews and all that fun stuff. Ohhh, I loved getting that and jotting down the shows I wanted to watch.

And, if you say the last time you remember seeing a DA on the racks was a few months ago, that probably makes sense since they supposedly axed it in November of 2007. It really is sad. :0(

Yeah, they did alot of cool stuff like that. I seem to recall they had a new contest almost every other month. They were almost always giving away something I wanted, but as luck would have it I don't think I ever won anything after years of trying.

Another thing I liked about DA was that they didn't just feature things that were exclusive to Disney. I recall issues with cover stories on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Power Rangers, and plenty of blockbuster movies of the day. And of course the comic section was my favorite part every month, especially when they had Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, etc. featured.

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/05/08 at 2:24 pm

Is there a website where you can buy DA Magazines between 1990-1997?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/05/08 at 11:36 pm

Is there a website where you can buy DA Magazines between 1990-1997?

Ebay has quite a few issues from '97 and before. :)

This one from 1991 with Hulk Hogan on the cover is the oldest one I've seen so far. 8)

Written By: Wicked_Fabala on 04/05/08 at 6:14 pm

>:( i get FamilyFun Amgazine now its not very fun

Written By: TheLurkerKing on 07/07/08 at 8:33 pm

I got a complete run of the magazine in storage somewhere. I bought the first issue, and I continued to the last issue, when it was canceled. I wish it was still being published.

Check for new replies or respond here...