inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP! Who is this? What song is this??

Written By: sarahnickolet on 01/29/08 at 11:46 am

I can remember 1 bit of a lyric from a dancy type song from either 1994 or 1995.  Was on mainstream radio here in BC.  The lyric goes "bell bottoms made of crushed velvet" and it's a female voice singing that part.  My husband remembers the lyrics to and that it was a dancy tune.  I have googled and found nothing!  Anyone else remember?  I guess I could be mishearing the lyrics too but I am pretty sure I am not...anyways!

My other thought was that it was a one hit wonder AND from the UK or Europe so that it could be from an earlier year as it seems to take a couple years for us to get those tunes over here.

Please help me I am going to go insane!

Sarah :-)

Subject: Re: HELP! Who is this? What song is this??

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 11:29 am

I can remember 1 bit of a lyric from a dancy type song from either 1994 or 1995.  Was on mainstream radio here in BC.  The lyric goes "bell bottoms made of crushed velvet" and it's a female voice singing that part.  My husband remembers the lyrics to and that it was a dancy tune.  I have googled and found nothing!  Anyone else remember?  I guess I could be mishearing the lyrics too but I am pretty sure I am not...anyways!

My other thought was that it was a one hit wonder AND from the UK or Europe so that it could be from an earlier year as it seems to take a couple years for us to get those tunes over here.

Please help me I am going to go insane!

Sarah :-)

yeah, google fails me on this too.  top40db.net has a group of people who might be better able to ID it.

Written By: TraceyBelle on 03/23/08 at 3:36 am

The song is "Bell Bottoms" by DWB (Dog Won't Bite), from the album Schplatterfunk (which was released in 1993).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/08 at 3:43 am

yeah, google fails me on this too.  top40db.net has a group of people who might be better able to ID it.
Thanks for the link, I have never seen this website before.

Written By: sarah on 03/23/08 at 10:00 pm

Words cannot express how grateful I am to you!  Thank you THANK YOU!!!!  You have solved the most puzzling music dilemna of all time!!!  You cannot believe how many DJ's, music store personnel and websites I have searched for!  YOU ROCK!!!!! 

The song is "Bell Bottoms" by DWB (Dog Won't Bite), from the album Schplatterfunk (which was released in 1993).

Check for new replies or respond here...