inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to remember the name of a Playstation game

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/27/08 at 12:54 pm

Ok, so my Playstation came with a sample disc of like 4 or 5 different games.  I remember one of them being "Jumping Flash" which I bought and adored.  The other one was some sort of futuristic racing game with strangely shaped craft that you were racing around some really neat courses.  I don't have much more than that, but I guess I'm hoping someone will remember the same sample disc.

Thanks  in advance.

Subject: Re: Trying to remember the name of a Playstation game

Written By: Brian06 on 03/27/08 at 11:49 pm

Wipeout maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipeout_(video_game)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/28/08 at 12:00 am

Ok, so my Playstation came with a sample disc of like 4 or 5 different games.  I remember one of them being "Jumping Flash" which I bought and adored.  The other one was some sort of futuristic racing game with strangely shaped craft that you were racing around some really neat courses.  I don't have much more than that, but I guess I'm hoping someone will remember the same sample disc.

Brian got it -- Psygnosis did Wipeout, aka wip3out, and part of it appeared on the PS1 ("Sony Playstation", since at the time they didn't know there'd be a two or three) demo disc.  Very cool game.

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/28/08 at 8:22 am

That's the one! thanks! I loved that game!

Written By: Nineties nut on 03/28/08 at 11:08 pm

Wipeout is a great game!

Pity I suck at it  :-\\

Written By: Zeb on 04/02/08 at 11:25 am

I recall both of those games and I loved the whales on the "Jumping Flash" demo!

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/02/08 at 12:12 pm

I recall both of those games and I loved the whales on the "Jumping Flash" demo!

Jumping Flash really was a very cool game.  I played it for hours and hours... very original.  I highly recommend it!

Check for new replies or respond here...