inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: THE ABSOLUTE GAUL../ A Remake of Beverly Hills 90210

Written By: lemonverbina on 04/02/08 at 2:04 pm

I guess you have all heard by now that an "updated" version of the hit show 90210 is in the works. People we need to take to the streets...this kind of blasphemy cannot go unchecked....Contact your local congressman and put a stop to this...immediately. The perfection of the original 90210 cannot be duplicated. It was simpler time. As much as the show "pushed the envelope" it always remained innocent at least in the early years. They were teenagers with parents...certainly quite different from the Gossip Girl crew who can be seen at the local club on a school night.The girls of 90210 had slumber parties. Who can forget when Kelly revealed the horrific circumstances surrounding her first time. How about the snarky blond chick at the slumber party who in a shocking confession informed: "MY SECRET IS OUT OKAY... I WAS A FAT CHICK..NOBODY WANTS TO DATE A FAT CHICK.." If that is not gut wrenching drama at its best I dont know what is...

Tell me you dont remember where you were when Dylan and Kelly finally broke the news to Brenda about their relationship...We need to keep that sacred....WHO's WITH ME ?????

Subject: Re: THE ABSOLUTE GAUL../ A Remake of Beverly Hills 90210

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 3:10 pm

I guess you have all heard by now that an "updated" version of the hit show 90210 is in the works. People we need to take to the streets...this kind of blasphemy cannot go unchecked....Contact your local congressman and put a stop to this...immediately. The perfection of the original 90210 cannot be duplicated. It was simpler time. As much as the show "pushed the envelope" it always remained innocent at least in the early years. They were teenagers with parents...certainly quite different from the Gossip Girl crew who can be seen at the local club on a school night.The girls of 90210 had slumber parties. Who can forget when Kelly revealed the horrific circumstances surrounding her first time. How about the snarky blond chick at the slumber party who in a shocking confession informed: "MY SECRET IS OUT OKAY... I WAS A FAT CHICK..NOBODY WANTS TO DATE A FAT CHICK.." If that is not gut wrenching drama at its best I dont know what is...

Tell me you dont remember where you were when Dylan and Kelly finally broke the news to Brenda about their relationship...We need to keep that sacred....WHO's WITH ME ?????

I heard Shannon Doherty was happy because she thinks she might finally be able to get some work  ;D

remember when David's dumb a$$ friend shot himself?  that guy could make a comeback.... he never really died he was in a coma and the parents never told the kids because they realized what a bad influence the kids were.  now he's out of the coma and finds work at the pit after dark..,  ;D

Written By: woops on 04/02/08 at 4:24 pm

Didn't have already been done as "Dawson's Creek" and "The OC"?  ::)

Written By: lemonverbina on 04/02/08 at 4:33 pm

I heard Shannon Doherty was happy because she thinks she might finally be able to get some work  ;D

remember when David's dumb a$$ friend shot himself?  that guy could make a comeback.... he never really died he was in a coma and the parents never told the kids because they realized what a bad influence the kids were.  now he's out of the coma and finds work at the pit after dark..,  ;D

Snozberries you are brilliant. One of the characters definitely should become the Prinicipal of West Beverly. I vote for David's friend or Steve. Its a shame though, the dark haired girl from Gossip Girl would make a GREAT Brenda.... I think Jessica Alba should be the new "Kelly" Heck all of the actors on the original were about 40 when they were playing teenagers !!!

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 9:07 pm

Yeah I wonder what would happen if the show was set in an alternate universe instead of BH 90210 we have Minneapolis 55420  ;D

yeah Brandon and Brenda can be Beverly Hills transplants who move to Minn.  when Jim's company downsizes and he has to relocate.  Kelly is a mall rat.... Donna is a farm girl who moved from the country in Jr high so she's totally assimilated but still quite naive... Dylan is a hood rat mechanic type who broods all day and rides a motorcycle...trying to emmulate Fonzie even tho Happy Days was set in Wisconsin.  ;D

WAIT... hold the phone... Rob Thomas is attached to it????  If Joss Whedon is God in my TV producing universe then Rob Thomas is Jesus... he's the genius behind Veronica Mars.... okay  sorry LV but I will have to give it a shot before I continue to bash it any further  ;)

Written By: robby76 on 04/02/08 at 9:24 pm

Awww 90210 - I remember when Brandon took his first recreational drug - haha!

Overall I agree - there have been so many variations of a "90210", why use the brand again?

Written By: sonikuu on 04/03/08 at 3:36 am

Ah yes, sequels and remakes.  After all, why bother creating something original when you can steal from the past?  Not only does it still get you the youth (who will obviously watch a teen drama), but it also gets you the older crowd and the younger "nostalgia is cool" crowd.  What with this and the new Knight Rider, it looks like the "remake/sequel of something nostalgic" obsession has now spread from movies to television.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/03/08 at 4:31 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Originality in the entertainment industry is dead and buried...  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/03/08 at 10:07 am

Count me not interested.

Written By: colette on 04/03/08 at 5:26 pm

Its like being stuck in a timewarp.

Written By: kimmers on 04/04/08 at 2:45 pm

I am with you on the protest of this remake - not because I didn't like it - because I LOVED IT!!  Everything stopped when 90210 was on and there just will never be another as good as this.

Check for new replies or respond here...