inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Woodstock '94...

Written By: Davester on 04/23/08 at 2:41 am

Did anyone attend?  Did anyone watch it on TV?  Did anyone get caught-up in the hype?  Did anyone care..?

I think MTV aired parts of it...

I remember hearing about it and never gave it another thought.  But then, aside from my studies, I never gave anything much thought...

Subject: Re: Woodstock '94...

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/23/08 at 8:02 am

I'm leery of sequels as a rule, so I never bought into the hype. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/08 at 8:06 am

As always you cnnot beat the original.

Attended: No

Saw any of the MTV airings: No

What is on YouTube?

Written By: Tia on 04/23/08 at 8:26 am

the only thing i associate with woodstock 94 was the arson and sexual assaults, unfortunately. :(

Written By: KKay on 04/23/08 at 8:54 am

Did anyone attend?  Did anyone watch it on TV?  Did anyone get caught-up in the hype?  Did anyone care..?

My answers are
1. yes, but ....who?
2. no.
3. no.
4. no.

Written By: gibbo on 04/23/08 at 9:06 am

Was there a Woodstock '94??  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/08 at 9:08 am

Was there a Woodstock '94??   :o
Woodstock '94

Written By: gibbo on 04/23/08 at 9:21 am

Woodstock '94

Thanks for that Philip.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/08 at 9:22 am

Thanks for that Philip.
Did it rain for that music festival too?

Written By: Bree on 04/23/08 at 2:11 pm

the only thing i associate with woodstock 94 was the arson and sexual assaults, unfortunately. :(

That was Woodstock '99. The only fighting in Woodstock '94 was Green Day with  the mud people.  :D

Written By: Tia on 04/23/08 at 2:31 pm

That was Woodstock '99. The only fighting in Woodstock '94 was Green Day with  the mud people.  :D
oops, my bee. it seem to all be becoming a bit of a blur. :o

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/23/08 at 7:05 pm

me, me, me I was there

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/23/08 at 8:05 pm

I watched some of the footage on MTV, mostly of the people being soaked and doused with mud after the rain.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/23/08 at 10:03 pm

I don't remember much from Woodstock '94, other than the infamous mud fight between Green Day and the crowd, it was a pretty tame event by all standards when compared to the 1999 Woodstock.

It got so bad at one point, I think I remember seeing MTV have to abandon there own stage where they were broadcasting live from the event.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/08 at 6:57 am

I watched some of the footage on MTV, mostly of the people being soaked and doused with mud after the rain.
Was that before MTV casted aside the showing of any pop music related programmes?

Written By: Jessica on 04/24/08 at 10:26 am

I don't remember much from Woodstock '94, other than the infamous mud fight between Green Day and the crowd, it was a pretty tame event by all standards when compared to the 1999 Woodstock.

It got so bad at one point, I think I remember seeing MTV have to abandon there own stage where they were broadcasting live from the event.

I remember Kurt Loder being helicoptered out of there because it was so bad. I maintain that Woodstock '99 was more corporate bullschitt that wasn't very well thought out.

Woodstock '94 embodied more of the characteristics of the original Woodstock, IMO. Just music and mud and good times.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/24/08 at 3:02 pm

Wow this was huge back then,i can't believe it's been 14 years! I feel so old :\'( I used to love going to music festivals,so much fun 8)

Written By: 1993 on 04/24/08 at 6:33 pm

1994 wasn't 1969 obviously...it was just a big music festival called Woodstock, the social implications were insignificant. At least there was less mayhem than 99, and probably less illicit drug use than 69.

I do remember watching some of it, but nowadays I can't remember much except Aerosmith's performance.

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/24/08 at 7:43 pm

Was that before MTV casted aside the showing of any pop music related programmes?

MTV was still good at showing music videos and music-related programs back in 1994. The point where reality shows and other non-music related programs took over MTV would be some years away.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/26/08 at 11:52 am

I got into it for some odd reason. I think I was getting into my moody adolescent stage  (I was 12 that year) and Woodstock seemed like the perfect fit for me. Plus, I was getting to oldie music around that time, so it appealed to me in a way. I did buy into the hype, even getting my mom to order it on Pay-per-view. I would also watch some of it on MTV with Tabitha Soren doing most of the hosting.

Written By: Dude111 on 05/01/08 at 4:48 pm

I remember seeing it @ a friends house....

Pretty intense..........

Check for new replies or respond here...