inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: East Coast or West Coast Hip Hop?

Written By: LoveAction on 05/02/08 at 8:35 pm

I'm going to say East Coast, just because it was more intellectual and positive and not as cynical and (later) materialistic as West Coast hip hop was.

Subject: Re: East Coast or West Coast Hip Hop?

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/08 at 9:13 pm

what about the Dirty South? 

Written By: LoveAction on 05/02/08 at 9:32 pm

what about the Dirty South? 

It wasn't mainstream until the late 90s, so I didn't include it.

Written By: Entouch on 05/02/08 at 9:39 pm

Rap originated in the East coast so I have an allegiance to the east coast rappers. The West coast made it gangsta and misoginistic. 8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/08 at 9:53 pm

It wasn't mainstream until the late 90s, so I didn't include it.

so what you're saying is that the late 90's are more like the 00's than the 00's are like the 90's?

Written By: Tam on 05/03/08 at 12:11 am

I'm going to say East Coast, just because it was more intellectual and positive and not as cynical and (later) materialistic as West Coast hip hop was.

What in tarnation are you talking about?
Is it just me or does this crap look like more decadology?

so what you're saying is that the late 90's are more like the 00's than the 00's are like the 90's?

You so completely hit the nail on the head girlfriend! ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 05/03/08 at 12:21 am

http://www.michaelandkrissy.com/images/bunny_pancake.jpg

Ant

Written By: Tam on 05/03/08 at 12:24 am

Ant

Awesome!!!!

Now is this bunny from the 80's or does he look and feel more like the 70's? Perhaps the pancake hat is supposed to look like a Poor Boy hat, in which case that would represent the winter olympics in Nagano, so I guess the bunny has more of a '98 feel than an '08 feel.... you must see you are 10 years late in posting it right? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/08 at 12:30 am

Awesome!!!!

Now is this bunny from the 80's or does he look and feel more like the 70's? Perhaps the pancake hat is supposed to look like a Poor Boy hat, in which case that would represent the winter olympics in Nagano, so I guess the bunny has more of a '98 feel than an '08 feel.... you must see you are 10 years late in posting it right? ;D

well the backpack is from the 90s, the pillow is definitely from the 80s, the quilt looks circa 1970s so if the bunny is 2 I'd say this photo gives off a retro vibe from 2005!  ;D

Written By: Tam on 05/03/08 at 12:32 am

well the backpack is from the 90s, the pillow is definitely from the 80s, the quilt looks circa 1970s so if the bunny is 2 I'd say this photo gives off a retro vibe from 2005!  ;D

karma +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/08 at 12:33 am

karma +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj106/MaPetite225/smilies/bow.gif

thank you...it's gonna be a shame to see this thread go I was kind of proud of that one!    :)

Written By: LoveAction on 05/03/08 at 12:34 am

This has nothing to do with decadeology, and everything to do with hatred.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/03/08 at 12:37 am

The backpack is from 1987, January 24th at 5:23am to be exact, the pillow is from late 82, not 81 (you can tell by how close the plaid stripes are to one another), the quilt is definitely 70s, and the pancake is from a Teflon skillet circa June 1994.

The captioning is obviously 90s as well since a 2000s captionist would have incorrectly used the contraction "it's" in place of the possessive "its".

Ant

Written By: Tam on 05/03/08 at 12:39 am

This has nothing to do with decadeology, and everything to do with hatred.

Truth be told, it has nothing to do with either - all it has to do with is the simple fact that you will not go away, you don't know how to listen and yet you beg and plead and whine and want back in! Not gonna happen when you prove almost every dang day that you don't give a shyt about what the mods and admin say. You blatantly use proxies, which is against the site rules, and you obviously do not respect this society because there are several who are tired of this crap.
Bans are permanent.

And be careful using the word hate - it is a very powerful word!

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/08 at 12:40 am

The backpack is from 1987, January 24th at 5:23am to be exact, the pillow is from late 82, not 81 (you can tell by how close the plaid stripes are to one another), the quilt is definitely 70s, and the pancake is from a Teflon skillet circa June 1994.

The captioning is obviously 90s as well since a 2000s captionist would have incorrectly used the contraction "it's" in place of the possessive "its".

Ant

and now karma +1 to you  ;D

Written By: LoveAction on 05/03/08 at 12:40 am

It fits here. This entire site hates me. I know I don't listen, but it's because I like this place.

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/08 at 12:41 am

It fits here. This entire site hates me. I know I don't listen, but it's because I like this place.

If you'd left my dirty south comment alone you might've skated by.

Written By: LoveAction on 05/03/08 at 12:42 am

They would have found me anyway.

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/08 at 12:44 am

They would have found me anyway.

because you fall into the same patterns...btw I'm done that my last post here

Check for new replies or respond here...