inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rescue 911

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/12/08 at 2:38 pm

Who used to love this show?  I watched it, but as a kid, it grossed me out sometimes.  I do remember one episode in particular about a guy who got stabbed in the heart and you could see the knife moving back and forth as his heart was beating... YUCK!!!!

http://www.classictvhits.com/shows/315.jpg

Subject: Re: Rescue 911

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/08 at 3:35 pm

William Shatner was the host.  I never watched it regularly, but the odd time I tuned in.  Good show it was!

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 05/12/08 at 4:29 pm

I loved it as a kid, it went off the air when I was too young  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/12/08 at 4:36 pm

Good topic Bill..Jesse (Marty McFly) is gonna love ya for posting this one and the Unsolved Mysteries thread! lol.  This was another show that I frequently watched..especially with my mom. We loved to always watch this show and Love Connection (what a mix, huh? LOL).

There's something about watching someone else's misery that is somewhat interesting, huh? :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/12/08 at 9:47 pm

Oh yeah, totally. :) I have alot of episodes taped from the end of its run around 1994-'96, that's like a good version of a reality show. The filming quality was more lifelike (not the type you usually see in movies and most TV shows) so you almost had the idea it was happening right in front of you. It was family oriented, so it was like a slice of typical American life. I always found it entertaining, especially the police stories and road stuff, but they were all good.

There's a guy on YouTube who has posted tons of episodes and updates it semiregularly, check them out. :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/13/08 at 7:16 am

I will have to check them out.  Thanks!

And Erin, you're right, there is something very intriguiging about other's misery  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...