inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: America's Funniest Home Videos

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/12/08 at 2:41 pm

Remember when this show featured more than just people getting seriously injured?  It used to be funny, family-oriented, and even cute.

I remember there used to be this guy who would send in videos periodically...he would make music videos to songs played backwards, then he would play the tape backwards so it looked like he was doing everything in reverse *except* for singing the music, which would be playing correctly.  Does that make sense?  I used to think that was so neat.

Subject: Re: America's Funniest Home Videos

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/08 at 3:34 pm

This was a 90s show

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/12/08 at 3:51 pm

It didn't start off in the 80's?  Oops, sorry folks... feel free to close/delete/move this thread.

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/08 at 3:57 pm

^ It debuted in November of 1989, so I thought it would be better suited for the 90s board and would get a better response

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/12/08 at 4:42 pm

I really liked Bob Saget as the host for this show. Even though he was cheesy, his silly remarks went along well with the video clips.

Do you remember America's Funniest People..hosted by Dave Coulier?  The thing that annoyed me was that jackalope character...ugh, so annoying. Jack Ching Bada-Bing used to always say, "Fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me!"  ::)

Written By: audkal on 05/12/08 at 4:48 pm

I really liked Bob Saget as the host for this show. Even though he was cheesy, his silly remarks went along well with the video clips.

I also liked the Bob Saget era too Erin.  That was when the theme song had words too.  8)

Written By: Brian06 on 05/12/08 at 11:34 pm

Yeah I remember I used to watch this back in the '90s, I enjoyed it.

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/13/08 at 7:19 am

Do you remember America's Funniest People..hosted by Dave Coulier?  The thing that annoyed me was that jackalope character...ugh, so annoying. Jack Ching Bada-Bing used to always say, "Fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me!"  ::)

LOL I totally forgot about that show and that whole jackalope thing!!  that was very annoying, as was Dave Coulier for the most part LOL  Though I do have a soft spot for him since he was on a show on Nickelodeon that I used to LOVE called Out of Control.  Oooh, I just may have to start a thread for that in the 80's section!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/13/08 at 11:55 am

LOL I totally forgot about that show and that whole jackalope thing!!  that was very annoying, as was Dave Coulier for the most part LOL  Though I do have a soft spot for him since he was on a show on Nickelodeon that I used to LOVE called Out of Control.  Oooh, I just may have to start a thread for that in the 80's section!

I totally remember that show!! :D

Written By: whistledog on 05/13/08 at 6:54 pm

The funniest bit about the original AFV was the intro .. there would always be some skit going on in that upper booth to introduce Bob walking out on a TV screen.  Then Bob would make some remark about it LOL

One episode, the singer and band who performed the theme song were there

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/14/08 at 12:02 am

Remember when this show featured more than just people getting seriously injured?  It used to be funny, family-oriented, and even cute.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6521/idiocracytv2av2.jpg

America, America, this is you.

The ironic thing is that Bob Saget's probably the filthiest comedian to have ever hosted the show.  I still cringe when I see an old rerun of AFV, and I still laugh my ass off when ever I replay Saget's version of The Aristocrats.  Go figure.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/08 at 8:33 am

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6521/idiocracytv2av2.jpg

America, America, this is you.

The ironic thing is that Bob Saget's probably the filthiest comedian to have ever hosted the show.  I still cringe when I see an old rerun of AFV, and I still laugh my ass off when ever I replay Saget's version of The Aristocrats.  Go figure.

Ya...he's a long way from being Danny Tanner, eh? ;D

Written By: star500 on 05/14/08 at 6:03 pm

I personally think Tom Bergeron is the best host of this show. He is funny without being annoying and he does a really good job setting up the clips and introducing them and everything. I personally did not like Bob Saget because I really found him annoying and he was kind of full of himself too or that's how he came across anyways. John Fugelslang and Daisy Fuentes were alright as hosts too, they always had this weird sexual tension between the two of them.

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/08 at 7:49 pm

I personally think Tom Bergeron is the best host of this show

as much as I loved Saget, I would have to agree, but mostly because I think Bergeron is a great host on anything he does.  I loved him on 'Hollywood Squares' and on 'Dancing With the Stars'

Written By: saluteyourshorts on 05/29/08 at 1:41 am

Bob Saget is the man. He seemed cheesy cause he was and he knew it. If you see his stand up, the things he says about the show are hilarious. And, yes aside from his stand-up, The Aristocrats joke severely ruined a part of my childhood. Which is pretty funny. I hated that guy who was hosting not too long ago...with the biggest cheesiest smile and parted volumized hair. He just ruined it for me. Whoever he is...

Check for new replies or respond here...