inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'd like some help...

Written By: Nineties nut on 05/17/08 at 10:53 pm

I'm throwing a nineties themed party soon and I was wondering if any of you had any advice, ideas, decoration thoughts etc. to help me out.

Thanks a lot!  :)

Subject: Re: I'd like some help...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/08 at 11:07 pm

Hi...here are some ideas:

You could do a black light themed party
anything with grunge (flannels, Doc Marten boots, etc) or backwards clothing like Kriss Cross
You could feature decorations,etc from the TV show, Friends
You could have a karaoke machine and do all 90's music
Get an old school Nintendo with some games and set it up for guests to play.
Get real flashy party favors/decorations (think Lisa Frank).
Have things like Skittles and fruit roll-ups as snacks/party favors for the guests.
Make it a costume party and tell the guests to dress as their favorite 90's icon

Hope this helps you out! :)

Written By: Nineties nut on 05/17/08 at 11:49 pm

Thanks! That was a lot of help. What about invitations? Any ideas there?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/08 at 2:15 am

Check here for inventions in the 1990 (you will have to scroll down a little bit)

Written By: Decker on 05/18/08 at 5:42 am

Um...Eno, I think she said INVITATIONS. As in party invitations.

Oh and P.S, you need to stop doing that to every single thread. Nobody cares what happened in poilitics or what was invented on every single day of the effing year unless it was seriously important. Seriously dude, as if people don't consider that spamming.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/08 at 7:06 am

Oh and P.S, you need to stop doing that to every single thread. Nobody cares what happened in poilitics or what was invented on every single day of the effing year unless it was seriously important. Seriously dude, as if people don't consider that spamming.
Why stop, members do show interest in the past here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/08 at 7:08 am

90s INVITATIONS

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/08 at 7:45 am

After a night of drinking wine how are your eyes?

Written By: whistledog on 05/18/08 at 8:37 am

HARSH

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/08 at 8:38 am

HARSH
Here I am having a pleasant Sunday afternoon and .....

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/18/08 at 7:56 pm

^^Sorry about that, Philip.  :(

For Nineties Nut - Unless you're doing a specific time in the 90's, you can have fun playing all different kinds of music from all throughout the 90's.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/08 at 9:29 pm

geez, could you be more of a jerk? Phillip didn't do anything wrong...there is no reason to come in here and read him the riot act. Lighten up DUDE. ::)

Written By: Nineties nut on 05/18/08 at 11:31 pm

Woah woah woah. Everybody cool it! I don't want my innocent little thread to turn into a riot! Thank you for the invitation link Phillip ^^

If anybody thinks of anything else, please let me know. I'm not throwing the party for a little while, so there's still time for changes to be made. Thanks again!

Written By: DJ Wonderbread on 05/19/08 at 2:34 am

How far off (or soon) is your party?  I could make you some mix CDs or even music video DVDs.  (Trust me when I say the kind of DVDs I could make are RARELY offered up for free!)

What kind(s) of music did you have in mind for the party?

Or, if you want, I can send you DVDs of the I Love The 90's series.

Written By: Nineties nut on 05/19/08 at 6:55 pm

Anywhere from a month to six weeks away. It depends on when the planning finishes, when I've sent out the invatations etc etc

But wow that'd be really appreciated! The music I had in mind was everything from Nirvana and Metallica to BSB and N'Sync; anything that gives off a nineties 'feel' to the guests. But wowzers, you're my new hero! ^_^

Check for new replies or respond here...