inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whatever happened to Lauryn Hill?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/01/08 at 1:00 am

She was such a great performer with the Fugees and as a solo artist. One of my favorite videos/songs of Lauryn's is:

Doo Wop--That Thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vHGmfU-Y-I

I remember when she was in the movie, Sister Act 2. She was a really talented singer and actress. It's a shame that we don't hear more of her nowadays.

Subject: Re: Whatever happened to Lauryn Hill?

Written By: tv on 06/01/08 at 11:32 am

From what I have heard she has gone through depression since she was popular on the music scene in 1998/early 1999. Also, she doesn't care for what the music industry has become since she was popular. She released an unplugged album around 2002 I think to lukewarm reviews also.

I agree she was pretty talented.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/01/08 at 12:40 pm

I've wondered about her myself, I loved "Doo Wop (That Thing)" as well and the other song "Ex Factor", too bad she hasn't really done any other solo albums.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/01/08 at 7:41 pm

I've been wondering about Lauryn Hill myself. I'd love to see her release some new music someday.

Written By: Davester on 06/01/08 at 8:38 pm

Lauryn had some kind of existential and artistic breakdown...

I love Lauryn.  I hope she found peace of mind...

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/08 at 8:50 pm

I remember when The Fugees appeared on The Rosie O'Donnell show in the 90s, their talking almost created a ruckus, so Rosie cut to commercial.  When the show came back, The Fugees were no longer on

I wasn't a big fan of her or the Fugees, but I did like her acting job in Sister Act 2

Written By: robby76 on 06/04/08 at 11:03 am

I wasn't keen on the Fugees either but her solo album "Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" was phenomenal! "Everything is Everything" takes me back to a great summer in 1998... or was it '99?

Her version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" was fantastic too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDsmS98zH0k

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XJEVhG%2BWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/04/08 at 3:02 pm

I heard a few years ago she was trying to make a comeback with some concerts in the UK, which were quite disastrous, from my understanding.

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/10/08 at 11:35 am

I was a big fan of Lauryn Hill,her Miseducation album is one of the best of all time imo. It's a shame her breakdown 'cause she has so much talent she could be sharing with the world. It serves to prove that fame,fortune and money sometimes do more harm than good.

She still does shows though,one of my friends saw her here last year and told me despite being 1 hour late she still got it so i really hope she records great music again.

Written By: Entouch on 06/16/08 at 8:19 pm

Lauryn Hill did have an artistic breakdown also she went on to have 4 children(maybe more) by Rohan Marley son of Bob Marley. Her personal life really took a nosedive about 5 years ago, when it was allege her boyfriend had a baby wiith someone Lauryn knew.  There was an attempt of a comeback with the Fugees when they appeared in Dave's Chapelle movie and on the BET awards but after that you didnt hear from her again. Im rooting for her to her life straighten out maybe she just needs her space.

Check for new replies or respond here...