inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Seinfeld Trivia: Who Wrote The J. Peterman Catalog Blurbs?

Written By: Homer on 07/06/08 at 9:08 pm

Does anybody know?  I guess it's possible it was Larry David or Jerry Seinfeld, but I'm guessing it was another writer(s).  Delivered in the inimitable voice of the actor who played JP, that was some classic stuff....
;D

"It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife, the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sunup. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted chambray nightshirts."

"Oh, I'm exhausted. I've been on this street a thousand times. It's never looked so strange. The faces...so cold. In the distance a child is crying...fatherless...a bastard child, perhaps. My back aches, my heart aches, but my feet...my feet are resilient! Thank God I took off my heels and put on my Himalayan walking shoes!"

Subject: Re: Seinfeld Trivia: Who Wrote The J. Peterman Catalog Blurbs?

Written By: cinnabon on 07/07/08 at 5:10 am

The actor who played J Peterman was John O'Hurley, who now hosts Family Feud.  :)

Subject: Re: Seinfeld Trivia: Who Wrote The J. Peterman Catalog Blurbs?

Written By: audkal on 07/07/08 at 10:56 am

I'm not sure--maybe a few of the writers wrote them together.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...