inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Version of Beverly Hills 90210 debuting on CW network this fall

Written By: cinnabon on 07/15/08 at 6:28 pm

Did you hear that they are doing another 90210 series now?  This time its about another midwestern family (from Kansas) moving to Beverly Hills.  Lori Laughlin (of Full House fame) is among the new cast members - among the original actors on the show that will be appearing are Jennie Garth (whose Kelly is now a guidance counselor at the gang's old high school), Tori Spelling, Joe E Tata (he was Nat the Peach Pit Owner) and even Shannon Doherty.

Subject: Re: New Version of Beverly Hills 90210 debuting on CW network this fall

Written By: Entouch on 07/25/08 at 7:35 pm

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. Im sorry but I cant predict it would be a hit, no matter how many pretty people star in it. The original is part of 90's pop culture and it should stay that way.  What's next a new Melrose Place?? WTF

Subject: Re: New Version of Beverly Hills 90210 debuting on CW network this fall

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/08 at 8:52 pm

It's funny why it's on the CW and not on FOX like the original was.  I think it's a bad idea to resurrect this show in a new format, but it could be a success. 

After all, it worked for Degrassi.  'Degrassi: The Next Generation' currently has more seasons than both 'Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High' combined did

Written By: sonikuu on 07/30/08 at 2:47 pm

The remake trend has started hitting tv recently.  Its only a matter of time before the entertainment industry consists of nothing but remakes and sequels.  Heck, some would say we're already at that point.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/30/08 at 8:42 pm

The remake trend has started hitting tv recently.  Its only a matter of time before the entertainment industry consists of nothing but remakes and sequels.  Heck, some would say we're already at that point.

Yeah I agree, you could probably trace that back to 2002/03 even, although it was more of a novelty then. To some extent it's not a bad idea, but Hollywood (and just about every area of the entertainment industry) tends to take something and milk it until it's totally unprofitable anymore.

P.S. I never was into 90210 myself. The only remotely interesting thing to me about it is Lori Laughlin being in it, since I'm a huge Full House fan. If I watch at all, it'll just be for Becky, lol.

Written By: whistledog on 08/16/08 at 8:54 pm

In the world of 90210 characters, there is an error with this new series ...

On the show, Rob Estes plays a character naked Harry Mills, yet on the original 90210 spin-off 'Melrose Place', he played a character named Kyle McBride

"Hey, that Estes fella stole my routine.  I'm the one who messes up the character lines of a spin-off"
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/frasier/image/john-mahoney.jpg

:D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/08 at 11:01 pm

Oooh CW!

One of my favorite SNL sketches is a send-up of 90210 where they rezoned the zip code so the dishwahser at the diner lived in 90210...
:D

Written By: woops on 08/17/08 at 11:35 pm

One episode: the new David Silver tries to call 50 Cent and ends up calling Lindasy Lohan and ends up dating her  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...