inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robbie hints at Take That reunion

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/08 at 8:39 am

Robbie hints at Take That reunion

Robbie Williams has admitted that he would like to team up with his former band Take That again.

The singer praised the four-piece's new album on his Inner Sanctum blog and wrote that he would like perform with them in the future.

He added: "I'm really, really proud. I love the new album too - haven't stopped listening to it.

"I'd love to be in the band again but I've got some unfinished business of my own."

His comments come after frontman Gary Barlow recently told Newsbeat that the band were all in contact again and that they would one day reunite.

Earlier this month, Mark Owen also said any potential reunion with Williams would be an "unannounced thing".

Of the band's meeting in the summer, Williams wrote: "The thing that struck me the most was how much fun they're having.

"It's more rewarding when you're a gang. Ever since I left Take That I've wanted to be in a band. 

"We got together quite a lot over the summer. It was amazing. We've all matured a lot since we parted.

"I'm very pleased to say the differences we've had have just melted away.

"I celebrated by getting the Take That symbol tattooed on my right arm. I'm proud to know the boys and I'm proud to have been in the band."

The four-piece's new album The Circus is the fastest-selling LP of the year so far.

The band also sold around 600,000 tickets for their 2009 summer tour in under five hours, breaking the record set by Michael Jackson's Bad tour in 1987.

Williams left the band a month before their last British concert at London's Earls Court on Aug 31, 1995 to launch a successful solo career.

Subject: Re: Robbie hints at Take That reunion

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/08 at 8:44 am

Sounds like great news...

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/08 at 8:48 am

Sounds like great news...
As his last ablum did not sell that welll...

Yes it is good news, everything changes and the five will be back for good.

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/08 at 9:38 pm

Just a hint?  Damn it Robbie.  Either re-join the group or don't, just stop bitching about it ;D

Take That are great with or without Robbie because when you think about it, he was really just a background singer.  Barlow's voice really overpowered everyone else

Written By: robby76 on 12/13/08 at 8:59 pm

I never liked Robbie anyway. I also think it's a little too late. People like the idea of the current four-some.

Written By: whistledog on 12/14/08 at 12:53 am

I never liked Robbie anyway. I also think it's a little too late. People like the idea of the current four-some.

Yep.  At this point, people would just think Robbie's re-joining the group because HE needs them now more than ever lol

Written By: 90steen on 01/04/09 at 7:53 am

Take That.

I wanna say they sang the 1995 song Back For Good, but it's been so long I don't remember...

I might be thinking of Blessid Union of Souls.

I remember the song very well, just not the band.

Written By: Paul on 01/04/09 at 10:09 am

I wanna say they sang the 1995 song Back For Good, but it's been so long I don't remember...

Well, your memory can't be that bad, because they did!

If you're American, there's a good reason...this was their only US hit of any note!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/04/09 at 10:28 am

Take That.

I just recently downloaded that one from iTunes...great song!  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...