inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wilson Phillips - Song Poll

Written By: robby76 on 01/26/09 at 8:28 am

Love them or hate them, pick your top 3 songs by this girl trio!

Subject: Re: Wilson Phillips - Song Poll

Written By: robby76 on 01/26/09 at 8:34 am

I loved their second album "Shadows & Light" in 1991.

My picks went to "You Won't See Me Cry", "You're In Love" and "Flesh & Blood".

I also liked the corny Christmas hit "Hey Santa" by Carny and Wendy.  :D And they did a crackin' version of "Turn Turn Turn" in 2004! Hats off to ya ladies!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Shadows_%26_Light.jpeg

Written By: Zeb on 01/26/09 at 11:37 am

I'll go with "Release me"

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 12:54 pm

Release Me
Impulsive
You're in love

When I hear these songs, they all remind me of my Aunt. The trio was one of her favorites and she overplayed all three of these! But I still like them! 8)

Written By: 90steen on 01/26/09 at 3:56 pm

I miss the overplayed Hold On.

Written By: Anona Maas on 01/26/09 at 7:38 pm

http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/jump31.gifAll the songs Chynna sang lead on sounded the same to me - there's a joke in there somewhere but it's too involved & probably not PC! Anyway I quite liked Impulsive - liked not loved. And Give It Up sounded interesting the first time I heard it but doesn't wear well with repeated listening.

BTW while it was sad to see Carnie on a bottom of the barrel reality show like Celebcadabra I crack up every time I remember her responding to the man on the street who told her that wasn't the card he'd picked with a cheery: "Well BLEEP me!"  I'm just a sucker for rapier wit!

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/09 at 9:15 pm

well I have only listened to the first four songs listed so I chose my top three which happen to be 1-3

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/09 at 9:39 pm

Hold On
Release Me
You're In Love

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/27/09 at 4:26 pm

I remember all the singles from their debut CD from the radio and VH1 in '90/91. I probably like "Hold On" the most, but I picked "Impulsive". I especially have memories of hearing it one morning while I was getting ready for school, and it also seems to be the one they play the least. Like I said I love Hold On, but it's kinda overplayed even now.

Written By: whistledog on 01/28/09 at 10:36 am

You forgot their cover of 'Daniel'.  Just as well though, even though it gave them a Top 40 hit here, I never really liked that song

My faves are: 'Release Me' and 'Impulsive'

Check for new replies or respond here...