inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "All for You"- Sister Hazel

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/18/09 at 1:13 pm

Anyone else like this song? It's one of those where I always knew it but didn't bother to download it until recently. I'm surprised it's from 1997 because I could've sworn I heard it in middle school, and it sounds more mid 90s. I actually thought it was the Counting Crows until I searched the lyrics.

Subject: Re: "All for You"- Sister Hazel

Written By: tv on 02/18/09 at 1:29 pm

Anyone else like this song? It's one of those where I always knew it but didn't bother to download it until recently. I'm surprised it's from 1997 because I could've sworn I heard it in middle school, and it sounds more mid 90s. I actually thought it was the Counting Crows until I searched the lyrics.
Yeah I thought this song was from late 1995 or 1996 than 1997. I found out it was from 1997 I was like wow!

Written By: mikefromjersey on 02/18/09 at 9:31 pm

I don't know why, but I used to always think of Blues Traveler's Run Around when I thought of this song.

Written By: bobfromsacramento on 02/18/09 at 10:22 pm

It was a mediocre song, but what it lacked in melody it made up for in lyric

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/18/09 at 10:40 pm

I really like this song....it reminds me of the summer of 1997, when I heard it on the radio the most.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/18/09 at 11:14 pm

Loved this song when it came out.  I bought the CD just for that song.  I think they also do a sort-of accoustic version one in their concerts that was really good as well.

Since then, I've discovered other songs by them that I liked also.

Written By: nally on 02/19/09 at 11:49 am

I don't know why, but I used to always think of Blues Traveler's Run Around when I thought of this song.

Yeah, it seems very much influenced by Blues Traveler. I enjoyed the song when it came out (I finished my junior year of high school at the time) and still love listening to it today. 8)

I really like this song....it reminds me of the summer of 1997, when I heard it on the radio the most.  :)

I often remember my life during that time when I hear it too. Lots of songs take me back to certain time periods in my life. :)

Written By: Satish on 02/19/09 at 2:22 pm

I didn't like this song that much. I thought Sister Hazel was like a poor man's Blues Traveller or a poor man's Matchbox 20(and I don't even really like Blues Traveller and Matchbox 20).

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/19/09 at 3:36 pm

Yeah, I liked it and still do. :)

Written By: mm117 on 04/07/09 at 2:49 pm

I used to love Sister Hazel, they had a few other songs that I remember being popular around the same time. Seems like they just sort of disappeared from the scene a couple years after that song came out.

Check for new replies or respond here...