inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Presidents of the United States of America

Written By: Zeb on 02/20/09 at 10:37 am

Do you guys remember this very short-lived 90s band?  They had two hits only.  Their first hit was “lump” which came out in the late summer of 95 and their second hit “Peaches” arrived in the spring of 96. Therefore the peak of their fame coincided with the duration of my fifth grade year.  I remember my two younger brothers and I bought this CD and shared it. They had a song on that album called “Kitty”; at least I think that’s what it was called.  I liked that song a lot and I wonder whatever happened to them?

Subject: Re: The Presidents of the United States of America

Written By: La Roche on 02/20/09 at 10:40 am

Yup, I remember these guys.

They also did the theme music for the Drew Carey show.

I don't know what happened to them, but I do remember them playing for John Kerry at some function during his Presidential bid.

Written By: nally on 02/20/09 at 11:31 am

I remember their two biggest hits, "Lump" (which Weird Al parodied into "Gump") and "Peaches", both from their self-titled 1995 album. They also recorded a cover of "Video Killed the Radio Star" for the soundtrack of The Wedding Singer (played during the ending credits)...but nothing much was done after that.

Written By: Satish on 02/20/09 at 1:48 pm

If you're wondering what happened to the Presidents of the United States of America, just look at their Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Presidents_of_the_United_States_of_America_(band)

Check for new replies or respond here...