inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TRUE COLORS

Written By: Entouch on 02/25/09 at 1:02 pm

There was a show that debuted on the Fox Network called 'True Colors'. It was a sitcom about an interracial marriage, a white woman with a daughter married to a black man with two sons. It aired in the early 90s. I think it lasted one season and Cleavon Little from 'Blazing Saddles' was brought in to improve the ratings. It did generated mixed reviews and the show was heavily promoted.

I did tune in and they did discuss racial politics under the guise of comedy. I give 'Fox' credit for being radical and steering away from the traditional family sit-com but I dont think the audience at large wasnt ready for a show like this.

Does anyone else remember the show? :-\\

Subject: Re: TRUE COLORS

Written By: snozberries on 02/25/09 at 1:23 pm

There was a show that debuted on the Fox Network called 'True Colors'. It was a sitcom about an interracial marriage, a white woman with a daughter married to a black man with two sons. It aired in the early 90s. I think it lasted one season and Cleavon Little from 'Blazing Saddles' was brought in to improve the ratings. It did generated mixed reviews and the show was heavily promoted.

I did tune in and they did discuss racial politics under the guise of comedy. I give 'Fox' credit for being radical and steering away from the traditional family sit-com but I dont think the audience at large wasnt ready for a show like this.

Does anyone else remember the show? :-\\

I honestly don't remember this show. It's something I would have watched so I wonder why I missed it.

Written By: nicole1977 on 02/25/09 at 5:42 pm

I remember that show, but I didn't like it.

Written By: Satish on 02/25/09 at 7:49 pm

I used to watch "True Colors" all the time. I thought it was pretty good. Here's the tv.com and imdb.com pages on it:

http://www.tv.com/true-colors/show/665/summary.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098933/

Written By: 90steen on 02/25/09 at 8:32 pm

It only had 2 seasons. It aired when I was in 5th - 6th grade

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/09 at 11:49 pm

I loved the Aztec Camera version!
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...