inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OK Computer (Radiohead)...

Written By: Davester on 03/07/09 at 8:12 am

I used to own this album, since got rid of it.  This hipster classic is a so-so album, IMO.  I tend to enjoy music that's a little more in my face...

So what's the deal with this album?  Do you love it?  Hate it?  Why..?

Subject: Re: OK Computer (Radiohead)...

Written By: Davester on 03/07/09 at 8:47 am

Jxxxxr - I bow to your genius here.  I am glad you finally put this in print. 

I liked early radiohead and then got pulled into "kid a" by one of the
songs on rotation that year on the edge . . . after buying it, I could
NOT cope with the dissonent sounds intended to rile the wanna be gen x
inside me . . .

I am OUT OUT OUT on Radiohead

I am OUT OUT OUT on Radiohead MOL fans who are worse than the band . .
. they are elitist, self absorbed and solipsistic jackasses because
they pretend to "understand the genius" of radiohead and while thom
yorke pounds the gulf war and bush and america for being stupid from
his BILLION dollar home in ENGLAND . . . .the elitist fan base go . .
."yeah, thats cool" then buy the anti war album and then proceed to
throw on their ironic t shirts on, head off to urban outfitters right
after 70% of them VOTED FOR BUSH AND THE GULF WAR . . meanwhile York
laughs his way to the damn bank . . .

radiohead = irony out of control

radiohead fan = ryan seacrest

viva la stringed instruments!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^Just one dissatified customer...

Written By: Satish on 03/07/09 at 4:02 pm

Oh yeah, Radiohead are so snooty. They snubbed Miley Cyrus from "Hannah Montana" when she tried to meet them backstage at this year's Grammys, even though she's a huge fan. Here's Miley whining about it on some radio show:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/05/miley-cyrus-snubbed-by-radiohead-vows-to-ruin-them/

Written By: woops on 03/07/09 at 5:28 pm

Radiohead is extremely overrated, IMHO

As for the Miley Cyrus thing, I bet Thom Dorke is still shaken from not getting Tiffany's autograph 20 years ago  ::)

Written By: joeman on 03/07/09 at 5:41 pm

I do like Karma Police and Creep, but I don't how many people worship them.

Written By: woops on 03/07/09 at 5:56 pm

I can tolerate "Creep" and "Karma Police" is  OK (no pun intended)  :)

The video for "Paranoid Android" featured characters from "Cartoon Sushi" (Robin & Benjamin, I think)

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/09 at 12:03 am

Radiohead were ok, but alot of their hits I often found dull and depressing.  They did (and still do) have their fair share of success in North America. 

Written By: maroth864 on 03/08/09 at 11:49 pm

Radiohead is a little overrated.  Don't get me wrong, they have good stuff, but people are so incredibly obsessed with them and I have no idea why.  I will take someone like Porcupine Tree any second of the day over them.

Written By: midnite on 03/09/09 at 8:29 pm

Radiohead is one of the few commercially successful bands who actually push the boundaries of music.  OK Computer and Kid A were groundbreaking at the time.  I am not a dedicated fan, but I enjoy and appreciate their music.

Written By: woops on 03/11/09 at 1:53 pm

Miley meets Radiohead

I think the audio was taken from a "South Park" episode and edited into Miley's rant  :D

Written By: Tia on 03/11/09 at 1:59 pm

i think radiohead is pretty damn amazing, in fact.

Written By: Tia on 03/12/09 at 8:22 am

Oh yeah, Radiohead are so snooty. They snubbed Miley Cyrus from "Hannah Montana" when she tried to meet them backstage at this year's Grammys, even though she's a huge fan. Here's Miley whining about it on some radio show:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/05/miley-cyrus-snubbed-by-radiohead-vows-to-ruin-them/

From what we know, Yorke is a notoriously shy guy who probably wasn’t in the mood to hang out with a chirpy star-struck teenager who has probably never heard Hail to the Thief, discussing unicorns and Nick Jonas in the hours before his band was set to perform at their very first American awards show.

;D

sounds like yorke was being an elitist snob and miley cyrus was being a WASPy princess with a phony sense of entitlement. and none of this comes as any kind of surprise. that is a pretty funny story though.

Written By: Tia on 03/12/09 at 8:24 am

if there's a single member of radiohead, though -- i dunno if there is or not -- that coulda been sexytime with miley cyrus, though.

i used to do radiohead songs for solo guitar and vocals at open mics at bars. because i know that somewhere, someone is having a good time and i simply will not have it.

Written By: Tia on 03/12/09 at 8:25 am

I used to own this album, since got rid of it.  This hipster classic is a so-so album, IMO.  I tend to enjoy music that's a little more in my face...

So what's the deal with this album?  Do you love it?  Hate it?  Why..?
i wish you'd have given it to me. i long ago lost mine and i used to listen to it over and over again all day while brooding about my sheeshty job.

Written By: Tia on 03/12/09 at 8:26 am

that wasnt my current job, in case IT is watching. i love my current job and denounce and reject radiohead.

Written By: Midas on 03/12/09 at 9:12 am

Heh.  That was on Johnjay & Rich (KISS-FM, AZ representin') and they're all like, "Whee!  Rolling Stone called us dull!"  ;D

Radiohead's alright.  I wouldn't put them on a pedestal or anything.  Miley's acting her age in the interview.

Check for new replies or respond here...