inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "MTV Celebrity Deathmatch"

Written By: woops on 03/11/09 at 2:03 pm

Just atched J Lo vs. Dolly Parton on YouTube. Classic episode (strangely Dolly looked hotter and much younger in claymation and J Lo was fully covered)  8) Especially the end.

Some classic episodes:

Beastie Boys vs. Backstreet Boys
James Hetfield vs. Fred Durst
Britney Spears vs. Xtina

The show returned a few years ago, though was less than mediocre since they added random humor, which didn't work. Though there was still a few memorable fights like Sean Paul vs. Mike Jones and The Osbournes kids vs. the Olson Twins (though they were already adults when the episode aired).

Subject: Re: "MTV Celebrity Deathmatch"

Written By: scottyb on 03/11/09 at 9:50 pm

the old one was funny but the new ones sucked so much and well there was no creativity in the fighting

anyways heres some more good episodes

Hanson vs. the spice girls
Madonna vs. Michale Jackson
Cher Vs. Bette Middler

Written By: SuperDupper on 03/25/09 at 4:54 pm

i use to love watching this when i was younger

Written By: joeman on 03/25/09 at 5:18 pm

Just atched J Lo vs. Dolly Parton on YouTube. Classic episode (strangely Dolly looked hotter and much younger in claymation and J Lo was fully covered)   8) Especially the end.

Some classic episodes:

Beastie Boys vs. Backstreet Boys
James Hetfield vs. Fred Durst
Britney Spears vs. Xtina

The show returned a few years ago, though was less than mediocre since they added random humor, which didn't work. Though there was still a few memorable fights like Sean Paul vs. Mike Jones and The Osbournes kids vs. the Olson Twins (though they were already adults when the episode aired).

My favorites were:

Scott Stapp vs Eddie Vedder

Charles Manson vs Marilyn Manson

and

Puff Daddy vs Trent Reznor

It was a good show, and I like the fact that Steve Austin from the WWF made appearances from tme to time.

Written By: mm117 on 04/05/09 at 6:00 pm

Britney Spears vs. Xtina

I remember for some reason that episode being a huge deal among girls my age at the time, probably because they were so famous. I used to love the show, but when I watched the later episodes it was never as funny...I don't know if it was not as good or just that I was older when I saw it

Check for new replies or respond here...