inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Napster

Written By: joeman on 04/15/09 at 10:50 pm

I remember when Napster first came out.  With a 56K modem at the time, songs took about 20 minutes to download and if you're lucky, you could download the whole cd of them.  I enjoyed the hell out of it and everyone I knew did too.  Then Metallica came around and put viruses on their songs, and all this legal stuff they were pushing back then.  When the turn of the century hit, Napster was a shell of it's former self and now you have to pay to download songs from them.  I do remember those days pretty well.  What is your guys experience with Napster when it first came out?

Subject: Re: Napster

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/09 at 10:54 pm

And we all remember who created Napster ...

http://www.greysanatomyinsider.com/images/gallery/seth-green.jpg

Written By: Frank on 04/16/09 at 1:49 am

I remember when Napster first came out.  With a 56K modem at the time, songs took about 20 minutes to download and if you're lucky, you could download the whole cd of them.  I enjoyed the hell out of it and everyone I knew did too.  Then Metallica came around and put viruses on their songs, and all this legal stuff they were pushing back then.  When the turn of the century hit, Napster was a shell of it's former self and now you have to pay to download songs from them.  I do remember those days pretty well.  What is your guys experience with Napster when it first came out?

Pretty much same experience as you., took A LONG TIME for songs to download, about 10 to 20 minutes. BUT IT WAS FUN!!!!

Written By: Davester on 04/16/09 at 3:26 am

I had a 56k that was actually around 28.8k...

Napster was the sh*t...

I came-in on the tail end, just before Patel put the kabosh on it.  Probably the best thing I snagged from Napster was the impossible-to-find instrumental version of the Dream Academy's cover of "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"...

After Napster fell, it was Morpheus (Kazaa), AudioGalaxy, WinMX and Limewire in that order.  I've mostly stopped pirating now, but purchase music.  BitTorrent is good for stuff I can't download legally...

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/09 at 8:18 am

I came-in on the tail end, just before Patel put the kabosh on it.  Probably the best thing I snagged from Napster was the impossible-to-find instrumental version of the Dream Academy's cover of "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"...

That was the one featured in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.  It is very hard to find indeed

Written By: Davester on 04/18/09 at 8:28 pm

That was the one featured in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.  It is very hard to find indeed

Well hush my mouth..!

here it is...http://www.tindeck.com/listen/obai

Check for new replies or respond here...