inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beanie Babies price guide from 1998... if current trends continue... wow!

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/15/09 at 2:04 pm

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/05/and_you_thought_your_investmen.php

kind of like if Disco record sales had continued uninterrupted...

Subject: Re: Beanie Babies price guide from 1998... if current trends continue... wow!

Written By: Satish on 05/15/09 at 8:14 pm

;D ;D ;D

You had to figure the Beanie Baby fad would come crashing to the ground, eventually. They're just like all the other novelty trends that have come and gone over the years, like mood rings, Rubik's Cubes, Cabbage Patch Kids, and stuff.

I kind of think Beanie Babies are one of the defining items of late 1990s pop culture, along with things like Tickle-Me-Elmo dolls, Furbys, Pokemon, Hanson and the Spice Girls.

By the way, I'm totally creeped out that a company with the reputation of Scholastic would publish a book like this!

Subject: Re: Beanie Babies price guide from 1998... if current trends continue... wow!

Written By: 90steen on 05/15/09 at 8:32 pm

I remember when McDonald's toy with the kids meal was "teeny beanie babies" Probably the best thing they've had.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/09 at 5:18 pm

I put my entire family fortune in Beanie Baby futures, now we're all out on skid row.  Sum Bit!
:\'(

Written By: Brian06 on 05/17/09 at 1:11 pm

Wow Beanie Babies, I still have some collecting dust somewhere. I remember people getting the happy meals just to get the teeny beenie babies lmao.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/17/09 at 2:38 pm

Wow Beanie Babies, I still have some collecting dust somewhere. I remember people getting the happy meals just to get the teeny beenie babies lmao.

better than getting the food inside

Written By: 90steen on 05/17/09 at 6:35 pm

They had them in a case and they all had their own names and everything. And I think there were ones that represented each country and had the country flag on it.

Now, just to let everybody know the only reason I know all of this is because back then I was taking my niece and my nephews out a lot and they were collecting them, not me LOL.

Check for new replies or respond here...