inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Ren & Stimpy", "The State", and "Young Ones" to repeat on MTV2

Written By: woops on 05/27/09 at 9:40 pm

Starting June 1st, MTV2 will air reruns of "Ren & Stimpy Show", "The State", and "Young Ones" (never heard of the last show) starting at 10:00 PM

Since it's MTV2, it probably wouldn't last... though time to take advantage of it for fans of the shows

Subject: Re: "Ren & Stimpy", "The State", and "Young Ones" to repeat on MTV2

Written By: karen on 05/27/09 at 11:05 pm

this Young Ones?  Great show!  but not a nineties show  :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/28/09 at 12:47 pm

this Young Ones?  Great show!  but not a nineties show  :-\\

It is indeed from the 80s... but considering the fact that it had more to do with music than the other two shows or the network it will run on, it will probably be out of place. I've got the Young Ones on DVD... if you're a fan of BritComs you'll notice several people who appear on other British programs. 

The other two shows did use to run on regular old Mtv way back in the day when they originally aired. Personally I'd like to see them re-run the old "Remote Control" game show.  It was pretty funny at the time, though I doubt it aged well.

Written By: karen on 05/29/09 at 9:12 pm

But was this the show woops was talking about? ???

Written By: woops on 06/02/09 at 11:03 am

It's the '80's show, though I posted the thread on this section since I'm more familiar with the first two. Showing my ignorance  :-X

They only aired about 10 minutes of "The State" and about 40 minutes of "The Young Ones"...

"Haunted House" from "Ren & Stimpy" was shown uncut (ie the bloody head fairy) since Spike TV and the official DVDs have edited it out.

MTV2 aired a promo for a Friday night block of old MTV shows called "MTV2 Legit" starting June 12th.

According to Zapit2.com, it's an hour... which I wouldn't be suprised if shown in a similar format to Cartoon Network had "Cartoon Cartoons" block featuring episodes of their original shows...

Personally, a block would be better.

added: find find info on YouTube

Check for new replies or respond here...