inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rugrats Season 1 & 2 r coming out on dvd!!

Written By: beatlebabe90 on 06/08/09 at 2:28 pm

just thought everyone would like to no!  :)

also from what i herd lionsgate entertainment bought boy meets world and should be re-releasing all 7 seasons on dvd as well as being played on THE N.  Sometimes Even Stevens plays on that new Disney XD channel.

& all nick toons should b coming out on dvd soon as well.  hey arnold, dug and rugrats all ready started.

Subject: Re: Rugrats Season 1 & 2 r coming out on dvd!!

Written By: Davester on 06/12/09 at 1:37 am

As good as Rugrats is (are?) I don't think I'd want it on DVD...

Written By: whistledog on 06/12/09 at 2:15 am

^ me either.  It was a cute show, but not really something one would want to own

Written By: Jessica on 06/12/09 at 9:44 am

^ me either.  It was a cute show, but not really something one would want to own

I would.  "Hey, Arnold!" too.

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/09 at 10:10 am

me too... there's some good eps of Rugrats... the Trial, the lemonade stand, the one where tommy and Chucky wear dresses oh so fun!!!!

plus the line... "But Angelica- we're not allowed to play with the hello-phone!" just brings me pure joy.... that and  Nuh- huh Phil-lip!  Gotta love Lil!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/09 at 10:10 am

oh yeah- and Jess! Hey Arnold Rocks!!!!

Written By: woops on 06/12/09 at 10:36 am

I'd like to see "Rocko's Modern Life" given a legitamite DVD release

Besides that and "Ren & Stimpy", I wasn't big on the Nicktoons. Though I like a few current like "The Mighty B!".

Written By: DuncanMcA on 06/14/09 at 6:59 am

Rugrats season 2 = some of my favouritist 90's TV memories  :)

Written By: robby76 on 06/14/09 at 8:04 am

As good as Rugrats is (are?) I don't think I'd want it on DVD...

Releases like this are aimed more at the nostalgic 20somethings. As a teen I taped a few Rugrats episodes on vhs, but yeah it's not really my thing anymore. 70s and 80s cartoons on the other hand...  :D

Written By: woops on 06/14/09 at 11:16 am

The 1930's to 1950's with some  television animation from the 1960's...  8)

The cartoon hasn't stood the test of time and plus Klasky Cuspo, the company that made this, did tons of other ugly cartoons from the '90's like "Rocket Power". Though I'll admit that I liked "Ahhh Real Monsters" and that also that the animation fits with the show. Also "Duckman", USA cartoon done by Klasky Cuspo,  is a cult classic and also well written.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/14/09 at 11:28 am

I want them to put "AAAHHH Real Monsters" out on DVD.  It would also be nice if they'd release "You Can't Do That On Television.

Written By: Davester on 06/14/09 at 12:12 pm

Releases like this are aimed more at the nostalgic 20somethings. As a teen I taped a few Rugrats episodes on vhs, but yeah it's not really my thing anymore. 70s and 80s cartoons on the other hand...  :D

Rugrats was an itelligent cartoon in the way it portrayed the kid's inner dialog and the babbling to one another that only they could understand.  The adults never had a clue what was going on.  It's kinda true because babies must be like, "screw everything else, just let me out if this crib!"  Tommy's mom would always consult a Dr. Spock-like book for advice.  It was hilarious..!

Woops doesn't like the "ugly animation" as he puts it, I thought it was just fine.  It had an intentianally rough look to it unlike the unintentionally rough look of early Superfriends 'toons...

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/09 at 12:25 pm

Rugrats was an itelligent cartoon in the way it portrayed the kid's inner dialog and the babbling to one another that only they could understand.  The adults never had a clue what was going on.  It's kinda true because babies must be like, "screw everything else, just let me out if this crib!"  Tommy's mom would always consult a Dr. Spock-like book for advice.  It was hilarious..!

Woops doesn't like the "ugly animation" as he puts it, I thought it was just fine.  It had an intentianally rough look to it unlike the unintentionally rough look of early Superfriends 'toons...

What Davester said  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...