inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "MTV2 Legit"... an hour worth of '90's MTV

Written By: woops on 06/12/09 at 12:46 pm

http://www.mtv.com/shared/mtv2/mtv2_legit/hero_images/140x105.jpg

Honestly, it would be much better if it was a three or four hour block... though still better than "I Love the ___" with mostly short clips and tons of commentary (though not sure if "MTV2 Legit" would have commentary over some clips or seperately)

Reminds me of "Authentic Reproduction" from 1997 that featured vintage promos, clips, and music videos from the 1980's that aired on MTV during the summer.

source

MTV2 LEGIT Resurrects Classic ’90s Shows
Posted June 12th, 2009by mtvU

In the ’90s, MTV released a string of shows that, although short-lived, quickly became cult classics.

The channel is finally giving in to demand and bringing many of those great shows back from the dead. MTV2 LEGIT showcases groundbreaking talents from shows that defined MTV in the 1990’s like Beavis & Butthead, Celebrity Deathmatch, The State and clips from Liquid Television including Aeon Flux and The Maxx.

MTV2 LEGIT opens the MTV archive and delivers a whole decade’s worth of music videos and on-air promos, including Denis Leary rants and awkward rides with Jimmy The Cab Driver, plus commentary from Method Man, Redman, Tom Morello and more.

To relive all these cult faves and more, tune in to MTV2 on Friday nights at 10PM ET.

For a little taste of what’s in store please enjoy not $100, but $240 Worth of Pudding

Subject: Re: "MTV2 Legit"... an hour worth of '90's MTV

Written By: woops on 06/13/09 at 12:43 am

Eh... would've been better if it was a block

C'mon...enough reruns of the same MTV junk from the past decade  :P

Subject: Re: "MTV2 Legit"... an hour worth of '90's MTV

Written By: joeman on 06/13/09 at 1:06 pm

Sounds interesting.  Too bad I don't have cable :(

They had that format before I believe.  It was called MTV-X, though it featured a lot of newer nu-metal bands at the time.

Check for new replies or respond here...