inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sugar ray's new album

Written By: smallzz37 on 06/17/09 at 5:23 pm

Hey All,

So after a long hiatus, Sugar Ray is finally back!  I was skeptical of the popular 90’s band reunion, but after checking some previews out I’ve actually gotten pretty excited.  Their new cd
Music for Cougars comes out July 21, and it should be interesting to see if they’ve gotten a stranglehold on their multitude of influences.  It’s been a while, but are you guys still going to give them a shot?

Subject: Re: Sugar ray's new album

Written By: Davester on 06/18/09 at 1:07 am

Sure, I will...

Written By: whistledog on 06/18/09 at 1:11 pm

I will give it a listen.  I used to like Surgar Ray, especially their song 'Every Morning' that contained a clever reworking of Malo's 'Suavecito', which is a great song from the 70s that is somewhat forgotten. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/18/09 at 2:48 pm

Well, "Music For Cougars" is a pretty damn funny album title.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/21/09 at 6:49 pm

I didn't even know Sugar Ray was still alive!  :o

Cool he's putting out an album. What's it been? 10 years?

Written By: Silver Power on 06/22/09 at 3:39 pm

Sugar Ray, believe it or not, is actually a BAND, Apollonia, a fact that even I didn't know until recently.

Written By: midnite on 06/30/09 at 10:28 pm

No offense to Sugar Ray fans but I like their first album or two.  After that they seemed to get soft and corny IMO. 

And then when Mark was on Entertainment Tonight acting so nerdy, it ruined it for me. 

On a positive note, he seemed smart and funny on Jeopardy. LOL.  I did like their first couple albums.

Written By: Jessica on 07/21/09 at 4:16 pm

I used to like Surgar Ray, especially their song 'Every Morning' that contained a clever reworking of Malo's 'Suavecito', which is a great song from the 70s that is somewhat forgotten. 

Must be a major reworking, because I hear NOTHING of that awesome song in that one.  Oh wait, I hear it now.  Feh. :P

Suavecito and Malo are not forgotten.  Malo is still insanely popular among the Latinos of California.  They played three times at my hometown's festival and it was ALWAYS packed with people. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...