inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Box

Written By: joeman on 06/26/09 at 3:47 pm

Does anyone remember the Box?  Before my parents bought cable in 93, there was this channel called the Box in which you call in to view music videos.  It was pretty cool, and down here, they played Eazy E alot, along with that Three Little Piggies rock song.  I am not sure if some regions in America had it, but Florida did.

Subject: Re: The Box

Written By: Midas on 06/26/09 at 4:30 pm

Does anyone remember the Box?  Before my parents bought cable in 93, there was this channel called the Box in which you call in to view music videos.  It was pretty cool, and down here, they played Eazy E alot, along with that Three Little Piggies rock song.  I am not sure if some regions in America had it, but Florida did.

My dad got it via satellite in SC.  They played a lot of K7, Björk and Sagat too.

Written By: Henk on 06/26/09 at 4:35 pm

My dad got it via satellite in SC.  They played a lot of K7, Björk and Sagat too.

Why is it that every time I turn on the radi-oh I get to hear the same five songs over and over again?! Man, funk dat!  :D

We had The Box too in Holland for a while. For some reason it was cancelled. Maybe 'cause there was limited choice in videos, or there weren't enough people requesting videos.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/26/09 at 8:09 pm

I was able to get The Box on some UHF station (Channel 70 or something), but the reception was terrible.

Written By: JayMBee on 07/21/09 at 2:14 pm

Oh Yeah I remember THE BOX! The videos were, what? 99 cents each one or something? I remember me and my sis ordering videos sometimes but then we just stopped cause it was a waste of money lol! I think we got rid of the box when we switched from Comcast to Direct TV IDK lol!
Good Memories Though lol.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...