inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Charles & Eddie

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/09 at 2:07 pm

Charles Pettigrew and Eddie Chacon were an American Pop music duo who gained fame in the early 90s with their International hit 'Would I Lie to You'.  If you only know them for that song, you may not know that they did have other hits ...

1992 - Would I Lie to You
1993 - N.Y.C. (Can You Believe This City)
1993 - House is Not A Home
1995 - 24-7-365

On a sad note, Charles passed away in 2001 from Cancer

Subject: Re: Charles & Eddie

Written By: Henk on 08/21/09 at 4:42 pm

Updated:

1992 - Would I Lie to You
1993 - N.Y.C. (Can You Believe This City)
1993 - House is Not A Home
1995 - I'm Gonna Love You
1995 - 24-7-365

On a sad note, Charles passed away in 2001 from Cancer

April 6, 2001, to be exact.

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/21/09 at 7:41 pm

I remember "Would I Lie to You".  What a great song!  :)

I'm so sorry to hear that Charles passed away.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 08/22/09 at 12:13 am

I remember "Would I Lie to You".  What a great song!   :)

Me too!! I was in the 7th grade at the time it came out...but it was several years later when I began to enjoy the song. And it is the only song of theirs that I am familiar with.

I'm so sorry to hear that Charles passed away.   :\'(

Me too. And it was just a few years ago!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/23/09 at 1:08 pm

In parts of that song, 'Would I Lie To You', I swear the singer sounds a lot like Aaron Neville...

I used to think he did backing vocals in it...

Written By: nally on 08/23/09 at 6:22 pm

In parts of that song, 'Would I Lie To You', I swear the singer sounds a lot like Aaron Neville...

Yeah, there is a very noticeable similarity!!

Written By: whistledog on 08/23/09 at 9:01 pm

I used to always think the same thing.  He did do his share of guest appearances in the early 90s

Written By: Midas on 08/24/09 at 12:02 am

I really like "Would I Lie To You".  It's one of those that was overplayed back in the day but as I got older I learned to appreciate the song. :)

Written By: nally on 09/03/09 at 1:05 pm

I really like "Would I Lie To You".  It's one of those that was overplayed back in the day but as I got older I learned to appreciate the song. :)

yeah, I'm like that with some songs. When they get overplayed during the peak of their popularity I don't much care to listen to 'em...but later on I start to like 'em. This one is an example of that for me too. :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/03/09 at 1:10 pm

yeah, I'm like that with some songs. When they get overplayed during the peak of their popularity I don't much care to listen to 'em...but later on I start to like 'em. This one is an example of that for me too. :)

I don't recall it being 'overplayed' in the area where I was living...

Of course, I was pre-occupied with getting married that year and wasn't really listening to much current music... 

Written By: nally on 09/03/09 at 1:37 pm

I don't recall it being 'overplayed' in the area where I was living...

Of course, I was pre-occupied with getting married that year and wasn't really listening to much current music... 

I don't recall it being too overplayed around that time, either...and I wasn't listening to very much 'current' music at the time, even though I was 12... but I do know that it did well on the charts. I think I was paying more attention to my schoolwork and my social life.

Check for new replies or respond here...