inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mike Judge opens the door for (maybe) more "Beavis & Butt-Head"

Written By: woops on 09/04/09 at 11:52 am

Though it had been thought of  or rumored many times, don't think a new "Beavis & Butt-Head" movie is to be released anytime soon. Though they've appeared in various MTV specials and even a trailer for Mike Judge's new film  "Extract".

Also a bit ironic considering that Mike Judge have stated that he's nolonger into animation. (Ironically, "King of the Hill"  could've been done as a live action sitcom.)

Considering the return of "Family Guy" & "Ren & Stimpy" (haven't seen much of the new "Futurama" DVD  movies), I don't think it's a good idea. Then again, it might be OK.

Though I don't mind if it's for a new movie (theatrical or made-for-DVD), special, or even their opinion on more music videos, artists (ie trashing emo, current rap, Britney Spears, Lady GaGa, "American Idol", etc)  and whatever's topical at the moment in pop culture.

They'd probably be slcakers and not sure if they'd be phone opperators . Probably at some odd jobs. I wonder how they'd be adjust with technology? Probably looking at picutures of women and watching random stuff on YouTube and enjoying that they don't have to sit through "sucky videos" to watch stuff they actually like. (As long they're nothing like "DJ & The Fro")

source
Mike Judge Opens The Door For More 'Beavis And Butthead'... In New Surroundings
Posted 43 minutes ago by Adam Rosenberg in News

I wasn't terribly bummed out when Mike Judge's "Beavis and Butthead" cartoon ended its run in 1997. The show was funny but it never struck me the way, say, "The Simpsons" has. So I was pretty surprised when I watched the Beavis and Butthead/"Extract" video -- a movie written and directed by Judge, releasing today -- earlier this week and found myself totally into it all over again. There's something timeless about the chuckling duo, even if the music videos they once mocked have gone the way of the dodo.

What good timing then that Judge was asked about what the future of Beavis and Butthead is, in a recent interview with Cinema Blend's Katey Rich. Even better: there actually is a future for the bumbling idiots. Or there might be, at any rate. At the very least, it's something that Judge has given thought to and even put pen to paper on.
"Occasionally I'll get an idea. A while back, I was thinking, God it would be so fun to just have them working tech support. They're the guys you get when you call. I started writing stuff down."

I have to say, that's pretty freaking brilliant and an entirely believable "ten years later" scenario for Beavis and Butthead. There may not be much relevance anymore in the duo talking over music videos, but A-hole tech support phone operators... that's some straight comedy gold right there. Fans shouldn't get their hopes too high just yet though; Judge hasn't made any formal announcements.

"If they didn't take so long-- it would take at least two years , and I haven't had two years to spare in a while," he said. "It is fun to do again. I worry that as I get older my voice is going to change, so I don't sound the same. But it was fun doing this one ."

Would you like to see more "Beavis and Butthead"? What do you think of the possibility of seeing them as tech support phone operators? What other scenarios could you see them ending up in "ten years later"?

Subject: Re: Mike Judge opens the door for (maybe) more "Beavis & Butt-Head"

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/04/09 at 2:17 pm

That may be interesting...but what I would like to see is a cross-over episode with Beavis and Butt-Head with the people from King of the Hill.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/06/09 at 8:07 pm

That may be interesting...but what I would like to see is a cross-over episode with Beavis and Butt-Head with the people from King of the Hill.

Thats good but, screw that!  Bring back Daria!

Written By: joeman on 09/07/09 at 5:42 pm

I would like to see B & B make a comeback too.  There was suppose to be a sequel to their animated movie though...

Written By: Davester on 09/07/09 at 7:27 pm

Oh great, more B&B.  We need that like we need more Backstreet Boys...

What the hell are these people trying to do to me?  The idea is to introduce something like, you know... better *mumble-gripe*...

Wait a minute, I almost forgot...I don't care...LOLZ...

Sorry I pooped in your thread, I have a can of lysol...

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/09 at 9:17 pm

I never understood the appeal of B&B.  How it lasted as long as it did is a mystery that even Robert Stack could never solve LOL

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/16/09 at 8:16 pm

I think rebooting Beavis and Butthead would be a great idea! That show is classic. I just bought the B&B Mike Judge Collection and I still laugh as hard ("huh huh huh! I said hard") as I did back then. How long ago did Mike Judge say he's no longer into animation? Just this year he had the series "The Goode Family" which got canceled after 12 episodes. That show could have been better, but other than the main character voiced by Judge, a Van Driesen (hippie teacher in B&B) like character, the other characters weren't funny. Beavis and Butthead's humor could still apply to today's culture, especially with over a decade's worth of music videos. As someone else mentioned they could have episodes about the newer technology and trends, such as the iPod, MySpace, Facebook, etc. I just thought of a great idea for an episode, they get teased once again by Lolita and Tanquire on MySpace, or they send a friend request to the same girl after being denied multiple times, or Butthead would comment with his classic "Hey, baby!" and "Come to Butthead", and B&B request to add Todd only to get dissed by him as usual.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/16/09 at 8:38 pm

It'll be pretty cool if he does.

hehehehehehehehe.... :D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/17/09 at 12:02 am

I think it would be great if the show came back... Not for Butthead<perfect name for him>... I sorta thought Beavis was cute  ;)

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/17/09 at 12:49 am

Another way I just thought of that B&B could be used as a backlash to 2000's culture is by referring to all the emo bands as wusses, just as they did for all the hair metal bands. Other music videos they could make commentary about are glam rap, teen pop, and cheesy mid-00's pop. Examples of good videos are Laffy Taffy, My Humps, Hollaback Girl, and a few others. They could also feature obscure videos by indie or alternative bands that aren't well known, which were mainly the types of videos in the series.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/19/09 at 2:20 pm

Another way I just thought of that B&B could be used as a backlash to 2000's culture is by referring to all the emo bands as wusses, just as they did for all the hair metal bands. Other music videos they could make commentary about are glam rap, teen pop, and cheesy mid-00's pop. Examples of good videos are Laffy Taffy, My Humps, Hollaback Girl, and a few others. They could also feature obscure videos by indie or alternative bands that aren't well known, which were mainly the types of videos in the series.

Oh boy, they would have a FIELD day with some of these videos!

Check for new replies or respond here...