inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Goodbye, King of The Hill

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/09 at 7:10 pm

Next week, will the last episodes of King of The Hill, ever.

Viya Con Diaos, Hank Hill

Subject: Re: Goodbye, King of The Hill

Written By: ninny on 09/12/09 at 6:29 am

Next week, will the last episodes of King of The Hill, ever.

Viya Con Diaos, Hank Hill

I never liked that show as much as The Simpsons or Family Guy.My husband always liked it..I think Peggy got on my nerves :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/09 at 12:21 pm

I love king of the hill .... been soaking up the reruns on Cartoon network! I will miss it. that Goode Family show by Judge sucked... I'd prefer more of the Hill Family

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/09 at 10:33 am

I love king of the hill .... been soaking up the reruns on Cartoon network! I will miss it. that Goode Family show by Judge sucked... I'd prefer more of the Hill Family

Ditto, it probally sucked because Mike Judge had limted involvement, he was making the movie Extract, at the time, Goode Family, was being made.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/13/09 at 11:19 am

^I liiked The Goode Family as much as King of the Hill, but The Goode Family is just weak compared to King of the Hill.

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/09 at 11:32 pm

Its so sad cuz those episodes sucked so bad.... you just want a show to end it run on a high note but I guess they just didn't have it in them to give it to us...  :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/09 at 11:44 pm

King of the Hill grew on me and I liked it, though I never watched it regularly.

It was much much better than Beavis and Butthead, which to me is one of the dumbest cartoons ever

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/09 at 11:47 pm

King of the Hill grew on me and I liked it, though I never watched it regularly.

It was much much better than Beavis and Butthead, which to me is one of the dumbest cartoons ever

It was a great show up until last season... the episodes started falling flat. if they had captured some of the magic from say season 6 in the final episode I would have been happy but alas... it was crap- save two funny lines and one of them I've already forgotten.  :-\\

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/14/09 at 2:51 am

Ill miss the show but, it did have a long run and the NFL, which I adore BTW, did cut into alot of the episodes and Fox didnt give them the credit the show deseved.  The eppys went as good as in the past but, I do love Bobbie Hill... The kid was a hoot.
Loved the end of the episode tonite with all the characters...
:\'(
R.I.P King of the Hill
Have a nice after life on Cartoon Network!

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/09 at 10:17 am

I guess we were supposed to be suprised that Boomhauer's a cop but I wasn't.... I work with lots of cops and several of them are unintelligible over the radio and in person  ;D

I love Bobby too. He's one of my all time favorite characters but I thought the show wasted a lot of time with filler... those meat competition montage scenes.

and there's been a running theme throughout the series about Bobby's questionable sexuality.  They touched on it a bit with that "Bobby's a girl thing" but could have taken it farther.....instead of the annoying girls thinking of Bobby as a doll they should have been thinking of him as their gay accessory.  That would have worked better.

Written By: woops on 09/18/09 at 10:56 pm

Honestly, I think it should've been done in live action since for an animated sitcom, it's not very animated

Written By: snozberries on 09/18/09 at 11:00 pm

I think  would've welcomed (after they panned up to the water tower) panning back down and seeing the future of Arlen... Bobby could be at the grill, Old Hank, Peggy Boomhauer, Dale, and Bill at the table with Nancy, Kahn and Min. Joesph could be there with his family and Connie could come out carrying a baby or something and kissed adult Bobby on the cheek...or bobby is gay and his boy friend comes out and Hank and Peggy (wise and open minded in their old age) just smile... 

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/19/09 at 2:18 pm

I think  would've welcomed (after they panned up to the water tower) panning back down and seeing the future of Arlen... Bobby could be at the grill, Old Hank, Peggy Boomhauer, Dale, and Bill at the table with Nancy, Kahn and Min. Joesph could be there with his family and Connie could come out carrying a baby or something and kissed adult Bobby on the cheek...or bobby is gay and his boy friend comes out and Hank and Peggy (wise and open minded in their old age) just smile... 

Damn, thats good... either one would have been a nice finish.................
Too bad they didnt consult u.............
:)

Written By: snozberries on 09/19/09 at 2:42 pm

Damn, thats good... either one would have been a nice finish.................
Too bad they didnt consult u.............
:)

thanks... I wish they had.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/19/09 at 4:15 pm

I was thinking that the ending should have Hank, Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer have one last drink as they see the sunset. And they would say their catchphrases.

Yep.
Yep.
Yep.
MMM-HMM.

Written By: Doc Brown on 09/21/09 at 10:23 pm

Had they wanted to end on a shocking note(instead of making Bobby... nevermind, they couldn't do that to Connie), they could've written an intelligible line for Boomhauer! :D OTOH, I wouldn't have minded seeing it end with that jack@$$ Khan being deported! I swear he only moved to America so we could hear him insulting us! >:( Let's just be glad all of Arlen didn't somehow flash out of existence, all being a little part of one of Dale's conspiracy theories! ::) Man, sometimes Hank's friends could make Homer Simpson look like Einstein! I'll miss the Hill family.
Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: paradigm on 09/22/09 at 4:15 pm

I'm very sad about this show being over. And it's being replaced by that Family Guy spinoff, The Cleveland Show, which looks even worse than American Dad (hard to do). Shame, really.

Check for new replies or respond here...