inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1990's 35mm Photo "Point and Shoot" Cameras

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/12/09 at 9:22 pm

Does anybody miss these? I personally love taking pictures, but I HATE digital cameras. Digi cams have such a washed out, pixelly-quality. Back in the 90s, you could get for a reasonable price, a great, easy to use and get developed, film camera. I miss them. Whereas '80s 35mm cameras (non-professional cameras that is) took OK photos, I think the high era of high quality family photography was in the 90s.

Take for instance this photo of me--This was taken in 1994 with a non-professional, 35mm Sigma Point and Shoot camera which was rather cheap. I've yet to see a Digital camera with this level of quality or artsyness. Look at the detail, the way the sunlight reflects off everything--you wouldn't get this with very many cheap digital cameras; the way the main part of the image is focused and the further away parts are nicely out of focus--This camera didn't have manual settings, it did all of that stuff for you automatically.
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5669/june199416.jpg

Subject: Re: 1990's 35mm Photo "Point and Shoot" Cameras

Written By: whistledog on 09/12/09 at 10:19 pm

35mm film has been around since the late 1800s.  It wasn't strictly a 90s thing.  Stores today still sell film, but if you went into a store and bought some, you'd probably get glares from other customers as if they were to say "This is the 21st century.  You need to change with the times" :D

Check for new replies or respond here...