inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/28/09 at 10:21 am

Who here remembers It, the mini series?  The clown still scares, the heck out of me, even to this day!

Subject: Re: It

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/28/09 at 10:51 am

Who here remembers It, the mini series?  The clown still scares, the heck out of me, even to this day!

OH!  It scared the bejesus out of me!  Just as your AVATAR still does!  ;D

I actually found it on Netflix a while back, and tried to watch it, but I couldn't get through it.  I'm sure I was building it up to be scarier than it really was, but honestly, I was too scared to watch it.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 10/28/09 at 10:53 am

It is scary as heck and I'm a grown guy!  ;D

I don't think the movie is scary, but the clown just gives me the creeps.

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/09 at 1:43 pm

I said it before but I'll say it again.....

I read the book the weekend ABC planned to air the miniseries...
The book terrified the crap out of me. (until the end....why did stephen king chuck the horror in favor of sci fi in the end  ::) )

anyway- on Sat. Afternoon I read the part where the kids searched the house and then were chased by a werewolf while riding the bike away from the house.
After finishing that chapter I had to go to work. My car wouldn't start so I rode my bike... that night (close to midnight) I was riding my bike home and I remembered that chapter... then I all these sounds around me - I was riding thru the deserted college campus to take the shortcut home... I swear I thought a werewolf was chasing me....
I have never ridden a bike so fast in my life!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/09 at 1:43 pm

oh and sorry but I thought the miniseries kinda sucked....but probably because I had just finished the book and so much got changed it annoyed me....

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/29/09 at 7:15 pm

I recorded the miniseries when it re-aired on ABC in 1992....I thought overall it was OK, but not as scary as the book.  Tim Curry did a great job portraying Pennywise, though.  :o

Written By: snozberries on 10/29/09 at 7:17 pm

I recorded the miniseries when it re-aired on ABC in 1992....I thought overall it was OK, but not as scary as the book.  Tim Curry did a great job portraying Pennywise, though.   :o

this is true... Curry was a great Pennywise... even creepier than I imagined!

Check for new replies or respond here...