inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DMX vs Master P

Written By: joeman on 10/30/09 at 7:25 pm

Which rapper from the late 90's do you like better? 

Also, did you guys know DMX is in MMA fighting now.  He must be completely nuts.

Subject: Re: DMX vs Master P

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/09 at 3:47 pm

I don't like Rap music, but I did vote for DMX, only because of the few movies I've seen him in, he makes a really good action star.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/31/09 at 9:21 pm

DMX is definitely the better one, Master P is a complete joke and helped kill hip-hop.  :P

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/01/09 at 5:39 pm

DMX is definitely the better one, Master P is a complete joke and helped kill hip-hop.  :P

Master P is basically the MC Hammer of the late 90's. The "Make 'Em Say Ughhhh" song was big for a few months in 1998, but got old really quick. DMX had a decent run from 1997-2002, with 4 good albums. I especially liked "Ruffriders Anthem."

Written By: joeman on 11/01/09 at 6:40 pm

Master P also seemed like a 2Pac Knock-Off.  I really like the name of one of his "Heaven got for a Gangster."  :D  I did like that Rap was big from a state that was neither California or New York(though Bone Thugs N Harmony were big at that time too).

DMX seems like a really legit gangster rapper, even moreso than anyone from Compton.  The man is going in MMA, I would really like to see someone like Dr Dre go for it considering how huge he is now.

Written By: Midas on 11/03/09 at 2:09 pm

People like Master P?  :D

I chose DMX for his content as an artist, although as a person he's had a lot of shady shist happen.  :P

Written By: joeman on 11/04/09 at 5:15 pm

I think what hurt Master P's image was that he was promoting his kid's album and he was too young to rap about gangsta shi...  Plus, Master P had a recurring TV series at Nickelodeon.  I really can't see DMX have a show at Nick.

Check for new replies or respond here...