inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I need help finding the name of an old computer game

Written By: binky13 on 11/26/09 at 1:12 pm

When i was younger (like 1998 i think) I use to play this game on my dads computer...You start out by being chased on a roof top with this guy shooting at you. When you get to the end of the roof there is a door, you have to open the door and go down the stairs. when you get inside its like you are in some kind of wearhouse building. you have to find a bunch of different things so that you can set traps for the bad guy so that he doesn't catch you. (i think that the bad guys name is buffalo bill...not sure but I'm pretty sure thats what it is..) and i also remember that there are different coloured room and you have to try and escape....that is all that i remember...so if anyone can help me remember the name of the game that would be awesome thanks :)

Subject: Re: I need help finding the name of an old computer game

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/09 at 8:08 pm

The rooftop intro sounds vaguely like the start of Duke Nukem 3D, which also matches the late-90s timeframe and "computer" instead of console.

Can you fill us in on any more details?  (First-person shooter? Maze game? Platformer? Type of computer?)

Written By: binky13 on 11/30/09 at 6:39 pm

Well i know that its not duke nukem my dad also had that game... as far a i can remember you never see your character so it would be first person but you never shoot a gun....this guy is chasing you and that is all that i can remember

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/02/09 at 10:10 pm

Well i know that its not duke nukem my dad also had that game... as far a i can remember you never see your character so it would be first person but you never shoot a gun....this guy is chasing you and that is all that i can remember

First-person view, no guns, and you're spending more time running and hiding than blowing away bad guys?  How about the Thief series of games?

I'm grasping at straws here - it's been a while.  Any of this ringing any bells to people who spent more time gaming than I did?

Check for new replies or respond here...